Which game made you a gamer?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by maiyo01, Jul 18, 2017.

1. marsraine

marsraine New Member

My video gamer life started with Super Mario Brothers and Contra on Nintendo Family Computer. Since then I played on various console like sega and playstation. With playstation or psx, I really became addicted with jrpg such as Legend of Mana. And then my online gamer self debuted with popular mmorpg during that time specially Ragnarok Online and ROSE Online. Those were my glory days as gamer.

2. Jbagadi

Jbagadi New Member

I spend most of my childhood days playing Starcraft Brood War and I think it is the game that made me a gamer today. The controls are easy but it is hard to execute commands if you are controlling a lot of units. The Game has a lot of variations with it's 3 Races Terran, Zerg and Protoss. Until this day I am playing the new version of it, Starcraft 2 Legacy of the void.

3. DenisStenkler

DenisStenkler New Member

The game that made me a gamer is of course nothing else than War Rock. I started to playing this game when i was 10 years old. It was just so fun to start playing that game with others and with my best friends. i was playing this game for 6 years and then i realized that there is much more better games that War Rock like all the Batlefields and Call of duttys.

4. Jeanard

Jeanard New Member

Who among you guys familiarizes this game Age Of Empire? To be honest I'm still stock to this game. This game was just a freebie for window 98 I think. I really love this game so much and I miss to play this game. Is there anyone among you guys can give me a legit link to where I could download it for free?

5. Franklinb

Franklinb New Member

The game that first made me a gamer probably the first halo on the original Xbox, I have logged hours in playing that game and enjoyed it as much as possible. My first real console game.

6. Spiglass

Spiglass New Member

Definitely Everquest for me as well! Back in the day when it was new and I was barely a teen, I was entranced by watching my older brothers play it and when I was able to get computer time and play it myself, I was hooked! I would play it all the time, think about it, daydream about it, then come home and play it again. And even though it has been over 15 years and there are so many newer games, every so often I download it and play it again, and it is still entertaining. I have made friends there that helped me, and I even met my boyfriend on EQ! I will always have a spot in my heart for it.

7. KRJan08

KRJan08 New Member

The games that made me a gamer would be the classic arcade games like Rampage, Bomberman, Metal Slug, 1945(airplane shooting game).
    I was just a kid back then and i had no siblings and was not allowed to do much of anything.
    But every day i have two to three hours to play the computer with my father. It was so fun competing with him. That was when i realized that i didn't like losing and that i was pretty good with games.
    After that it was RTS games like Red Alert, Yuri, Warcraft, then MMORPG, open world games and a little bit of Counter-Strike matches with my friends.
    But if i was asked what my most memorable Game is, it would be Monster Hunter. That game is super fun and super hard. It just felt nice having finished a hard quest. Killing monsters then getting stronger through crafting then fighting stronger monsters. It was also the best game to play with my friends.

8. jreyles

jreyles New Member

I became a gamer when I tried to play Super Mario Bros. on Gameboy. At that time, Super Mario Bros. is very common in many platforms even my friends are playing it so I decided to watch them and try their game.

9. uwichii

uwichii New Member

I am certified gamer when i learn about dota and league of legends because it is so fun to play dota and league of legends. I also be a certified gamer when i play rpg games like ran online and ragnarok. Gaming is so addicted and you will never know it because you are addicted.

10. sar4nix

sar4nix New Member

For me it's World of Warcraft that made me a true gamer and I've been playing for four years. Azeroth won me over! The game if full of content that can keep you deeply involved in the lore while you are questing and leveling through different zones, dungeons and territories, and if you are done questing you can take a break and kill some enemies in battlegrounds or just doing world PvP. If you are able to join a guild it can become your second family which can provide you weekly encounters in order to defeat major bosses in raids or funny times in rated battleground or arenas. This game made me look with different eyes in everything around me in-game, visuals, sounds, music, dialogues, everything, and I now i'm used to pay attention to every detail in other games as well, turning me into a true gamer.

11. bmz719salgado

bmz719salgado New Member

Back in 1999, Soul Calibur was introduce to me by my geeky college batch. He provided me with Combo move in every character of the game. I was fascinated by the game and even participated in all known tournaments in the area that time. What amazed me with Soul Calibur is that every character has specialize weapon and moves used in combat that is so addicting. That's why I still play Soul Calibur even in my android device.

12. Clickk

Clickk New Member

For me Dota made me a gamer. I was still in high school that time when my cousin invited me out of nowhere. It was funny actually because it was my first time using a computer and I don't even know what to do, a complete newbie. I remember they are already level 12, and me? level 5 LOL. They are laughing at me because of how noob I am. From then on, I practice and practice and practice and practice till the day I finally beat them.

13. Shelby0323

Shelby0323 New Member

The game that made me a gamer... Hm... Hard question. Honestly, I've been playing video games ever since I was very little. The earliest one I remember is Veggie Tales... But I more vividly remember Mario Kart. I think I will settle on the latter- after all, who would mess with such a well-known game?

14. Marian Cimbru

Marian Cimbru New Member

It's hard to say exactly, but I suppose it'd have to be the first real game I got hooked on. Which happened to be Gauntlet for the NES. I must have been around four years old, but it was the multiplayer mode that made it so I could play with my brother than made it so much fun. Oh man, we wasted literal hours of our young lives on that game. Although I could easily say Pokemon Red was the first "real" game that got me hooked.

15. Balatszki_07

Balatszki_07 Member

It's hard to say exactly, but I suppose it'd have to be the first real game I got hooked on. Which happened to be Gauntlet for the NES. I must have been around four years old, but it was the multiplayer mode that made it so I could play with my brother than made it so much fun. Oh man, we wasted literal hours of our young lives on that game. Although I could easily say Pokemon Red was the first "real" game that got me hooked. When I started playing games I had the Gameboy an with that device I had one game in particular which was Super Mario Bros. Within time passing the systems have had advanced from the DS to the PlayStation 2. From there I officially established a ground of the system I prefer which was the PlayStation 2 and a game King Kong by Peter Jackson which was based off the live film King Kong released in December of 2005. And im very happy for it..

16. ahmedelrazky

ahmedelrazky New Member

prince of Persia series made me a gamer i played it 8 years ago when i was kid it was my first game i played and it made me love games ,i fell sad that this series ended, i think that pop is better than ac.

17. Belsjkuh

Belsjkuh New Member

For me it was World of Warcraft that did the trick,there was a whole new world opening up for me. In 2005 I started playing it and stayed in it for almost 3 years.
    When realized it was consuming my whole life I just knew I had to stop it. And that sounds more easy then it is because of the countless hours I invested in it. Thanks to that experience I can and will stop playing much earlier now,it made me a different and stronger person.

18. Majid

Majid New Member

Pro Evolution Soccer 2006 made me a complete gamer. It was very realistic and fantastic in those days. I remember we used to play at a gaming centre just opposite my house. That excitement you get when you get hold of the gaming pad alone makes you want to perfect it more than your you could ever imagine. I used to play Mario games when I was 6 years old but from the day Pro Soccer came in 2016, my whole life of gaming world changed and it fiercely rivalry we had among us in boyhood. it's intense and creativity makes you want to be on top of everyone. It has since changed me to be a better gamer today.

19. Majid

Majid New Member

Pro Evolution Soccer 2006 made me a complete gamer. It was very realistic and fantastic in those days. I remember we used to play at a gaming centre just opposite my house. That excitement you get when you get hold of the gaming pad alone makes you want to perfect it more than your you could ever imagine. I used to play Mario games when I was 6 years old but from the day Pro Soccer came in 2016, my whole life of gaming world changed and it fiercely rivalry we had among us in boyhood. it's intense and creativity makes you want to be on top of everyone. It has since changed me to be a better gamer today.

20. fabio7

fabio7 New Member

Sonic made me love playing video games.

21. joshnh

joshnh New Member

It had to be Mario for me, Mario got me hooked ever since I played it at my childhood friends home. I remember always been eager to go back for some more. I haven't dropped the game pad since then.

22. Chero

Chero New Member

For me it would have to be Contra for the NES, that was one of the first games I can remember playing. I have such fond memories of playing that game with my brother. Another game that started me on my "gamer" journey would have to be Star Wars: Battlefront, I remember playing that game for hours and hours on end.

23. rhodmar

rhodmar New Member

The game made me a gamer is DOTA and cant stop being addicted at that game even though i was 8 years old at that time, it helps me building strategies, cooperation , public conversation and even having friends :). It also helps me to earn some money by playing the accounts or "Piloting" their accounts to increase their game stats.

24. Ser

Ser New Member

Interesting topic, for me it was Wolfenstein. A very good story in the game made me play it for days. I was a kid, but I remember every detail of the game. The next game that turned me into a real gamer is Dota. That is the game that I could play for hours with friends. I grew up on these two games and they remained in my best memory. These games made me a gamer for sure.

25. domsanjuan

domsanjuan New Member

Ever since I played Contra back when I was 6, I got into video games. So yeah I blame Contra for the situation I'm in right now XD!

26. fathusername

fathusername New Member

no game in particular really. i have always just loved playing games. if i had something that could play games then games i played.

27. daryl2114

daryl2114 New Member

DOTA made me a gamer because I can use my own personality in every game. In this game you must consider not only yourself but also your teammates. I can say that I'm a gamer of DOTA because I am flexible on every role in the team. In this game I can be a support and at the same time I can be the carry because that is the real me.

28. slerpderg

slerpderg New Member

When I was extremely young I had an NES with the legendary two-game cartridge containing Super Mario and Duck Hunt. I always had so much fun playing those, and it truly paved the way to my lifelong passion and hobby of gaming.

29. jasper21

jasper21 New Member

I Started my first game when i was 7 yrs old it was my cousin who introduced it, the game is Warcraft Frozen Throne. which you build your offense and defense. it made me a real gamer who commands and make strategies for the team. i got really addicted into the game. we own before a Computer shop so every morning at 6am i woke up and call may cousins that we will play the game that even most of the time i get scolded from my parents because i always run late to school.

30. John Carlo Laroya

John Carlo Laroya New Member

the first game that I have ever played if the Super Mario on my cousin game boy, the game that i really loves are all of the god of war games, it have a very rich story line and deep. the game explain why he become angry, hateful and vengeful to the Greek gods. The game that I could call my self a gamer is DOTA2 because of good graphics and very competitive player that make it challenging and fun.