Which kinds of relationships have it worst? Married or dating?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Norikasonei, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Norikasonei

Norikasonei New Member

Just out of personal interest, I know that every couple faces challenges but I really want to know why it is different? Say that a couple is dating and they have problems, then they become engaged and have a new set of problems, after they get married the problems can't even relate to the ones they started with. Why the difference and what are the problems?

2. kenlee

kenlee Member

Dating is a false relationship. Both parties are trying to be their best so they can win the other. When you marry the truth comes out.

3. alahnna

alahnna New Member

I don't believe that either relationship is really worse, just different. When you've just started dating someone, everything is wonderful and new, both parties are on their best behavior. It can be rough sometimes because you are unsure of the other person and are still building trust, so there is a lot of uncertainty. You have to learn how to deal with the other person.

With a marriage, that trust is already built and you know the person well, (usually). You love and accept that person, but of course, they will have quirks or habits that drive us crazy. I believe in a healthy marriage, we can learn to work through problems and communicate with each other to resolve issues. Bother parties have to want to work out their issues though, one person cannot do it alone.

The problems are all in how the couple chooses to deal with them. If you resolve them when they are small, they won't become large issues later, and if the problems are bad enough, then perhapse the relationship should not progress to marriage until they can be. I personally think it all boils down to communication and how we communicate with each other.

4. Mentalia

Mentalia New Member

I think if you have already so many problems while you are dating you should not get married. Marriage doesn't make the problems go away it only ends up in divorce, because at some point the problems become so much that you just can't be with each other anymore. And if you don't have a strong bonding with your partner before you get married that won't change after the wedding.

5. Donna T

Donna T New Member

Dating is horrible, unless you're in a committed relationship. Dating is nerve wracking, nail biting and worrisome. Should I hold her hand, should I kiss her? Does he like me, will he call me again? Why didn't he call? It's all such a pain. Once you're in a committed relationship, then it's fun getting to know that person, and all the steps along the way. You have to work at a marriage, however. Once you live with a person, you see all the negative qualities. You have to learn when to say something and when you should hold your tongue.