Which movie have you watched for more than 5 times?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by booger, Dec 13, 2018.

1. booger

booger New Member

Let me start this. It seems that I have an obsession with the movie "The Proposal". I know it's a little cheesy but I guess I'm a cheesy guy, a hopeless romantic kind to be precise. I fell in-love with "The Proposal" because it, in my humble opinion has the quality of the movie that, although kind of fictional, relatable, executed with perfection, Sandrah Bullock is hot and has an amazing chemistry with Ryan Reynolds. I didn't even felt that they were acting.

Aside from The Proposal I have watched some other movies almost religiously such as "The Blind Side" which also starred by Sandrah Bullock herself, Forrest Gump, and Good Will Hunting. As you can tell I am a pretty mellow guy who doesn't like action movies and gore but sometimes I do watch them too. How about you?

2. Jamisen

Jamisen New Member

I'm probably going to show my age with this one, but a movie I've watched way more than 5 times is "Goonies", straight out of the 80's. I'm not quite sure what it is about "Goonies" that makes it so much different from the tons of other movies that I really don't care to watch more than once. I do, however, know that I don't think I'll get tired of this one any time soon.

Ok, so to analyze why I really love this movie, because you've gotta love a movie to keep watching it for 30 years , right?? So, first of all, I am all about the underdog, coming out ahead, and the whole sense of Justice (even for One-Eyed-Willy the long dead Pirate). Of course I'd have to say that the movie is hilarious, corny comedy that cracks me up to this day, even just thinking about it. I just can't get enough of the story/the characters "Mikey, Chunk, Mouth, Data, Andy, Brand and the Fertelli's" played by funny actors, some even considered hotties, back then. There were also some like "Sean Astin" (Mikey) and "Corey Feldman" (Mouth) who continued to stay active in Hollywood for years to come. Chunk and his Ice Cream, with Sloth and Rocky Road. Mikey and his inhaler, big brother Brand and that little bike, Data and his inventions are all things that make this movie unforgettable, yet able to be watched over and over

3. ldk93

ldk93 New Member

Friends with benefits

[​IMG]
    Two couples break up at pretty much the same time. One part of each couple decides they're done with relationships, and as fate would have it, their paths cross. They become friends, and then they get drunk and talk about how much they miss sex. One things leads to another, and basically the film is really funny and romantic and I love it.

4. Ryuzaki2134

Ryuzaki2134 New Member

Back to the Future. It is a timeless film, full of heart and humor. I can't get enough of it

5. taraymorena

taraymorena New Member

There's a lot of great movies that I've watched more than 5 times. I love watching movies and maybe I'd say it's one of my best way for a relaxation time. I dont really have any particular type of movie that I would watch, but movies with great story to tell sure is added to my fave list.
    Some of the movies I have watched more than 5 times are harry potter, fast and the furious, mission impossible, and a lot more. :)

6. tikosi tina

tikosi tina New Member

There is no Christmas without "Home alone".I love to watch the same movies during Holidays, as they give me a sense of security as a family resort where it is good to return.I enjoy the story with the same enthusiasm and nostalgia because it brings back my childhood memories.It makes my heart warm just to re-watch the unforgettable scenes of "Home alone".

7. ravengiro03

ravengiro03 New Member

"3 idiots" is a comedy-drama movie by the indians. when I first watch this movie Im with my 2 bestfriends way back when i was highschool. The story is all about the three college students who don't face the college life so hard, they face it in a wise way. their bond was priceless they're like brothers who support each other. I can say that if someone watch this movie they will be inspired. So I highly recommend this to students to watch!

8. Tehilah27

Tehilah27 Member

I have watched Shawshank Redemption more than 5 times. I just can't seem to get over Andy and his quirks or the storyline. Having Freeman as the narrator doesn't hurt either.

9. WallEPug

WallEPug New Member

A man from Earth is one movie that I can't get enough of. The way the stories folds is a treat to watch, and every time you watch you'd notice something new. It's also not very long as compared to other movies so it doesn't take up much time either.

10. SChesson41

SChesson41 New Member

I have watched the movie Heat more than eight times. I have watched it at least 4 by myself and then I have recommended it and watched it together with family and friends alike. I like the movie despite the violence and the profanity. I really enjoyed the movie because the hero is not squeaky clean.
    The hero is played by Al Pacino and one of the antagonists is played by Robert De Niro. Al Pacino plays a cop who has a messy life and a messy background the only thing that he seems to be proud of is his ability to focus his energies like an arrow and pain his targets to the ground.
    The antagonist (Neil) played by Robert De Niro is almost like a father figure to a fellow antagonist (Chris) who is played by Val Kilmer. Val Kilmer has a gambling problem he also has a wife who cheats on him and a son. It is very hard to pick a side in this movie because the antagonist and the hero are both very messy people this element gives the movie A real 21st-century feel. I absolutely love this movie!

11. Brian3456754

Brian3456754 New Member

I have watched The Hunger Games and all the Avengers movie over 5 times. Love them all! I also recommend Martian, Interstellar, and all the Avengers movies. All of these have really good ratings on Rotten Tomatoes

12. Cael

Cael New Member

When you watch a movie for more than 5 times it means it's now resident in your brain permanently,it's a part of you.At the right time you'll quote it without even thinking.
    Starting from the golden age of the 80's going up to the 90's,classics like Ghostbusters,E.T.,the original trilogy of Star Wars(absolutely not the new ones),Indiana jones!,Lady Hawke(billion times),DUNE(trillion times)
    Tarantino's Pulp fiction and Reservoir dogs!
    Even some comedies like Trading Places(it's not christmas without it).
    Pearls like Almost Famous,The usual Suspects,Matrix......the Big Lebowsky!!!

13. Dseay

Dseay New Member

I am a big fan of watching movies over and over again. I watch the usual classics like Trainspotting, The Big Lebowsky, and Shawshank Redemption. There are some B list movies that have a bit of a cult following but don't get lots of love. So I Married an Axe Murderer is a comedy with Micheal Meyers. Secret Window is a psychological thriller with a great twist featuring Johnny Depp, and Helter Skelter is a decent pic about the Tate-LaBianca murders and the Manson Family. Clea DuVall is the most famous face in that one.

14. JD63

JD63 New Member

I have recently been watching the movie Sing, over and over. My daughter loves it! I can't complain to be honest, the movie is funny and has many great songs that I loved before ever watching the movie. It also doesn't hurt that I just enjoy cartoons as well.

15. dzonyfox2

dzonyfox2 New Member

Legends of the fall! Such an emotional movie with such a good acting. I'm impressed with the storytelling of this movie. The music in the movie is also great. But i guess, the most fascinating thing in the whole movie, for me, is that emotional connection between family members, especially emotional connection between father (Anthony Hopkins) and son (Tristan - Brad Pitt). Also love this movie, because of main characters (Tristan - Brad Pitt) human qualities. Watched this movie from more than five times... I am recommending it to everyone!

16. happyjay

happyjay New Member

I have watched Avengers Infinity War least 5 times in the last year. I am very stoked for the 4th movie, the one called endgame. I will probably watch that 5 or more times as well.

Only other movie I have seen more then 5 times is probably lord of the rings trilogy and Matrix trilogy, which those need no explanation!

17. efrerking

efrerking New Member

The Nightmare Before Christmas is my favorite movie of all time. As such, I always end up watching it when I'm feeling sad or need to relax. It's gotten to the point where I'm able to start mouthing the lines with the characters during certain scenes and I always sing the songs. Some people might say that it's simple or that it's just for kids, but there's something really positive about its message of realizing that what you're searching for was there all along.

And that's not even mentioning the beauty of the scenery and animation. It took them a year and a half to make this movie and it REALLY shows. If you look closely, you can see that they even took the time to animate characters in the background to make it look more 'authentic'. The animators and director obviously cared about what they were doing. It seems like we don't get that kind of craftsmanship these days...

18. Looper001

Looper001 New Member

I have watched movies that involves action packed and lesson fetching movies for more than 5 times, movies such as: Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America Civil war, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Avengers.
    And by that you could tell that i'm into Cap. A smile with a wave who gets me :)

19. miztahimik21

miztahimik21 New Member

I've watch Underworld many times because this movie has a great story and action.

20. Vichio

Vichio New Member

I have seen countless of timea the movie "Step Brother" and have always laughed until my sides hurt. Can't beat a Will Ferrel movie in my opinion.

21. Charlotte03

Charlotte03 New Member

I have watched Iron Man movies for like more than 5 times! Its a great movie, its a combination of action, cool and interesting movie. It inspires you to do something cool at the same time something good.

22. jhung

jhung New Member

My favorite movie of all time which I watch more than five times was "The Others" by "Nicole Kidman".At first,if you watch the movie,It was the typical suspense horror movie.But you can't imagine the twist.It was a "two thumbs up" movie that make it unique to the other horror suspense film.and until now I can tell to anyone to watch the movie.

23. Tangkiran77

Tangkiran77 New Member

I love the story: Pursuit of Happiness, a very inspiring movie about a struggling single father Chris Garner (Will Smith) A story of hope for us.It shows a wonderful relationship between a father and son.Iv watched this movie more than 5 times.I can relate with this movie because iv been in that situation before. Iv been a struggling single mom. But failures in my life doesnt hinder me to continue fulfilling my dreams in life. Like Chris Garner in this movie...I didnt give up, instead, i embraced and faced the struggles as an inspiration for the pursuit of happiness.

24. kvp

kvp New Member

I have watched Dirty Dancing maybe more than 30 times. This is my favourite movie.

25. Kiingmaanii

Kiingmaanii New Member

Training Day is a straight classic for me and now its just basically a must watch if it comes on live tv but at the same time i cant wacth more than once in day.

26. dasquire60

dasquire60 New Member

I always burst into song every time someone ask me what is my most watched movie more than 5 times. Yes,the hills are alive with The Sound of Music. I first watched it when I was a kid. So In love with Maria at that time.I memorize all the songs in that movie after the second attempt.Wish i'm one of the kid singing So Long,Farewell. I don't want to admit that I have taken an overdosed of that Sixteen Going On Seventeen thing but finally prove my addiction to that movie when even the dialogues I started to mimic.How can I solve a problem like that when I'm high on a hill with a lonely goatherd?

27. poshdt

poshdt New Member

I’m with you!! I know every single word to the songs and script for this movie! My mom used to make us watch it when they ran the TV special every year and then it got to the point where my sister and I would use this movie to initiate potential boyfriends into the family. We would always say to them “if you can make it through the whole movie (with me siting it word for word and all) AND enjoy it, you’re a keeper”.

28. Malik901

Malik901 New Member

There are many great movies that I've watched back to back, but one movie in particular that I really love and can really take me back to my childhood is “Friday After Next”. Now this is one of those movies that I can't let the holiday season pass by without watching. “Friday After Next” has a great sense of humor, it has great music, and a great story line that will keep you entertained from the moment the movie starts; til the moment the movie ends. I advise anyone that hasn't seen to go check it out. Ice Cube really out did himself on that one.

29. RonnieG

RonnieG New Member

I've watched the Rocky movies dozens of times. If I catch it on TV, i rarely pass the channel by. The underdog story is so exciting to watch.

30. AbeTheBabe

AbeTheBabe New Member

If I'm being completely honest I've watched many great movies way way more than 5 times. There's the infamous Rocky movies which have just moved on to its next chapter. There's the Mummy trilogy(Brendan Fraser) that was a constant watch in my household, but my all time favorites have to be The Fast and The Furious franchise. Fast Five in particular simply because it shows the bond of family which is very important where I'm from. It doesn't matter what color your skin is or where you come from. All that matters is the content of the character that you choose to keep. Family is forever and always has your back. When coming together they can overcome great odds and adversity. True they are essentially trying to rob somebody , but the message is clear. When you are surrounded by your "ride or dies" you should never feel alone and should always be fearless.