Which programming language should I learn first?

Discussion in 'Web Development, Programming & Graphics' started by Mian_zeeshan07, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Mian_zeeshan07

Mian_zeeshan07 New Member

I've recently started C++ language but I really find it too much tough.
    What should I do to make skills in programming ?

2. NeilCenaPostLoop

NeilCenaPostLoop New Member

C++ is really a hard language to learn if you have no background in programming at all. What do you aim to do with programming? web development, game development or mobile? If you're going for web development, Javascript is the way to go. If game development, either c++ or c# depending whether you want to work for a corporation or want to make indie games. For mobile development, Swift for ios and Java or Kotlin for android. If you're not sure what you want yet and want to get your feet wet first, you should go with Python. Unless it is absolutely clear to you what you aim to do with programming, I suggest you learn Python. Python has a very easy syntax, meaning you don't have to juggle between learning the syntax and learning the concepts.

The first programming language almost doesn't matter. What matters is your understanding of the core concepts. The core concepts are the same for every language out there with little changes, thus if you know a language beforehand, learning a new language is fairly easy.

Good luck.

3. doudeman

doudeman New Member

C++ can be a difficult language to start with because of all of things you are required to learn to even begin writing programs. This includes compilation on the command line, setting up an integrated development environment, and debugging. Higher level languages such as Javascript or Python offer an easier syntax and no compilation. This makes them great beginner languages to learn. Choosing a language does have a lot to do with what area you are wanting to go into. The previous post does a great job outlining languages you might pick for different applications.

If you want to stick with C++, I would suggest finding several tutorials that cover compilation and basic syntax. There are quite a few good resources on YouTube that would show you the basics. After that you might want to look at websites that offer algorithm problems for you to solve in what ever language you pick. Doing algorithms will help you get a grasp of many programming concepts that can be found across every language.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

4. unlimoreincome

unlimoreincome New Member

It depends on what area you want to program in after you learn the language. If you want to eventually learn all three languages, then C is a good language to start with, since the other two languages are based on it; additionally, C is good to know if you want to program operating systems or embedded applications. If you eventually want to learn object oriented programming, program mobile apps or games, start with Java. If you want to program advanced systems applications or video games, go with C++.

5. Enelra12

Enelra12 New Member

I've got a computer science course because it is in demand and I'm graduated but until now I do not understand that programming.Maybe in the whole class only two have been able to run a program,even me I can't make it.

6. jeremiahogaga

jeremiahogaga Member

Programming is easy once you understand the right steps to take when instructing a computer on what it needs to do in its assembly language which only the computer understands. Logically and sequentially is necessary when writing a program, and one's ability to relate it to the environment in problem solving. Simple programming languages like java and python are good to start with for a beginner.

7. psywar

psywar New Member

First know what kind of company you want to go or apply. Then second know what programming language they are using in their company. Third is to know what is the best platform to use in that specific programming language where in it is popular that you can search to many examples and lessons on that platform with that programming language. Then forth is never stop learning something new to increase your programming skill because programming is a never stopping study of codes.

8. ulisesguerrero

ulisesguerrero New Member

I think in the beginning there's no need to learn a major programming language, it is better to understand the principles of programming in a fun manner. There is a turtle game, in which you start to give commands to a turtle cartoon in order to move back and forth and make drawings. I think this made the introduction to programming fun and exciting. Another way of making it fun, was by learning to program trading robots, which is fairly easy and can be profitable if you happen to have a good idea.

9. ewapc101

ewapc101 Member

A lot of people ask me about what programming languages they should learn. I found myself in a difficult situation because this is a very hard question to answer. There are a lot of things that need to be taken into account before making this decision.

One of the easiest ways to pick the best programming language to learn for 2018 is by listening to the market.