Which search engine do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by TheInstaller, Dec 1, 2012.

?

Which search engine do you prefer?

1. Google

899 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. Yahoo

7 vote(s)
    0.7%
  3. Bing

22 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Other

51 vote(s)
    5.2%
  5. I don't use search engines.

1 vote(s)
    0.1%
  1. TheInstaller

TheInstaller New Member

Well, the title effectively says it all. The internet is dominated by search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.) - but which do you prefer?

Please reply if you can and vote on the poll. :)

P.S (I use Google regularly :))

2. tikoun

tikoun New Member

I use Google most of the time. However, I don't know if the results they present are the best today. Lately, I have used yahoo because the results given by Google were not what I wanted.

1 person likes this.
  3. oggiver

oggiver New Member

I use Google out of habit more than anything. For some results they're starting to push their own products and offerings too much and if that continues I can see more people going to Bing. Bing is also developing some useful tools of its own -- its travel search is incredible.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jon Irwin

Jon Irwin New Member

I use bing for 99% of everything. The only time Google or another is used is if am on another PC and they have it set as their default.

1 person likes this.
  5. daniel aryee

daniel aryee New Member

Google has always been the search engine I like because they have good keyword tool and have a lot of information. I grew up knowing Google and it has never disappointed me. My entire family generation will surely use Google because they are a reliable company.

1 person likes this.
  6. myusername

myusername New Member

I have tried some other search engines like DuckDuckGo and Bing, but with the syncing of my devices and the other features it has to offer, I am sticking with Google.

7. KammyGirl

KammyGirl New Member

I love using Google Chrome, it's pretty much the best search engine to me. Before I use to go on AOL all the time, but after Google Chrome came and I saw how fast I could get on and find what I needed to find, I kind of slid away from AOL.

2 people like this.
  8. Anthony Mezzo

Anthony Mezzo New Member

I use Google for a number of reasons, but it is generally because of the accessibility. Like the previous three posters I use Google Chrome, but I also use Firefox which comes with Google as it's default homepage and search engine. Aside from my preferred web browsers, I also have two Android devices and have never really seen a reason to change the default search engines.

Another reason I tend to stick with Google aside from Bing which (result wise) I consider an acceptable substitue is Google's clean interface. While Bing is beautifully rendered with some kind of high-definition image and a host of mostly usual widgets, it is just too cluttered for me when I am simply searching for a pair of boots or a movie time.

2 people like this.
  9. Guitarhermit

Guitarhermit New Member

Obviously Google hands down. Mostly because its a default search engine for all my computers and laptops but also due to the fact that it pumps out links that are actually relevant and useful to my search without the mountains of ads that other search engines have such as Bing and Ask

1 person likes this.
  10. feroze

feroze New Member

I think almost everyone in the world uses Google now. Everyone has their homepage as either Facebook or Google because they are the two most used sites currently. Before a lot of people used to use Yahoo but it slowly faded away and then Google took control. Yahoo could have bought Google a few years back, funny how the tables have turned around!

1 person likes this.
  11. feroze

feroze New Member

Are you spamming? Or did you browser get stuck!?

12. Saurav`

Saurav` New Member

Google algorithm of searching is very unique . When ever person make a search , result is found on first page and user never go past 2nd page.

When Google was invented in 90's , it took 2-3 weak to search a one string .

1 person likes this.
  13. ismywb

ismywb New Member

I always use google. Mostly because I am biased on other engines, but it is also faster in my opinion. And by reading this thread, other people agree. It also brings up what I want based on my past search history.

1 person likes this.
  14. aerosolera

aerosolera New Member

I think they are quite similar, but google has the most plain and simplest interface, which attracts the most users.

15. Nooni

Nooni New Member

I have tried Yahoo and Bing but always come back to Google. It's a daily saying of mine now. As in " Have you googled it?"
    I love Google. It's faster and accurate to a point.

Cynthia likes this.
  16. HHR

HHR New Member

I love Bing for multiple reasons actually

• 1. They have the rewards system
      2. The layout is awesome
      3. Connect through Facebook

Personally like the daily picture. I even made that my desktop picture everyday too!

Cynthia and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Brylle Bembo

Brylle Bembo New Member

I think 99% of the people will answer GOOGLE. Why? Because google has a very powerful response in what ever you search on it. GOOGLE is very fast and has very reliable answers in our problems. GOOGLE also helps our lives more easy and worried-free. :)

18. Mr.Post

Mr.Post New Member

I prefer Google as it is fast, easy to get to, and not hard to use. They also have multiple systems you can use such as Gmail, Maps, and Drive. Plus, most people prefer to use Google.

1 person likes this.
  19. hinnan

hinnan New Member

I am a google person through and through.

torreyy and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Bramskyyy

Bramskyyy New Member

I think most people use Google, not only because it's the most famous Search Engine. Mainly because you always get immediately what you want as the first link. I will always use Google I think!

Morkerjan, Kirby859 and kathrine_roe like this.
  21. Wisest

Wisest New Member

Google.

I've been contemplating the idea of switching search engines for awhile now but with the reliability and speed when compared to its competitors? Google is dominant. It takes me typically one search to find what I'm looking for and with the new implementation of Google Image Search, (I actually tend to use this a lot) I can't imagine using a different one. I've been using it for 10+ years now so the idea of changing and becoming unfamiliar with things is the hardest part for me to commit to. But I must admit, Bing is a beautiful search engine with its daily images and the reward system; which I haven't ever tried - but a lot of reviews from people tell me it's a great browser.

1 person likes this.
  22. despicable

despicable New Member

Obviously Google, nothing more needs to be said, but one thing I have to point out is, simplicity.
    There, that's the only reason I have been using Google for the past years, and I think I'll be using it for the coming years as well.

1 person likes this.
  23. Sander Nemvalts

Sander Nemvalts New Member

Google, because it came first :p

sorynn and (deleted member) like this.
  24. fastandcontrol

fastandcontrol New Member

I use Google mainly because it has been around since I started using a computer (I'm still young don't confuse me). It was used as a reference now since that almost all of my media player devices and smart phone uses Google as the default search engine, I'm accustomed to using Google.

25. fastandcontrol

I use Google mainly because it has been around since I started using a computer (I'm still young don't confuse me). It was used as a reference now since that almost all of my media player devices and smart phone uses Google as the default search engine, I'm accustomed to using Google.

sorynn likes this.
  26. fastandcontrol

27. Rohith VR

Rohith VR New Member

no more words - Google Rocks!

28. profaprofic

profaprofic New Member

Well every search engine tracks you and collects information about your interests and etc.
    But Google has the largest database of sites and it's the fastest one. There is a joke about google which i really like and it goes like this

Bekks and sorynn like this.
  29. JoelM

JoelM New Member

I use Google, mostly because its an amazing search engine. Also I have been using it for so long I grew in love with it.

sorynn likes this.
  30. ahbhatti

ahbhatti New Member

I always prefer to use google search engine because it is fast and accurate. The other main reason to choose the google is simplicity and easy access of all sorts of searching at first step i.e books, videos, images, blogs, maps mobiles etc. moreover, it always works well according to your location and shows the results relating to your country area. I love :thumbsup: it.

aaqib269 and sorynn like this.