Who bought your first computer?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by pids18, Sep 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. pids18

pids18 New Member

My parents bought my first computer and it was a desktop computer.

2. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

One of the first accessories I got for it was a cartridge that had a version of BASIC in it, and i ended up typing in the code for several text-based games, from some books i got.

This computer ended up being more or less responsible for my becoming a computer professional. At the time I worked as a machinist, and was having a personal crisis about my work (which I was learning was rather unhealthful in the long term — for one thing all the guys I new who had been machinists for about 20 years or so tended to be missing the tips of one or more fingers, and to have at least one eye injury.) I myself had had an accident with a band-saw and damned near cut off 2 of my fingers around the first knuckle, and had in the preceding year had to go to an ER to have iron filings pulled out of one eye. I had also recently learned that almost every metal i was cutting had lead in it, and was feeling increasingly concerned about the toxicity of the smoke and fumes emitted when cutting metal (mostly from burning lubricants used in the cutting process). I had been staring absent-mindedly at my little computer set-up, and suddenly experienced an epiphany, “people get paid to make computers do things!” I almost immediately enrolled in a vocational school to become an electronics technician, and over a period of about 3 years taught myself a couple of programming languages, and managed to get hired at a start-up company as a programmer! And that was how i became a computer professional.

3. Rexway4

Rexway4 Member

This question look some how to answer, my parent purchase a new laptop for me and my younger brother we started learning from here and get our knowledge well advance in computer field.

Its a responsibility of the parent to provide the basic need for his or her children mostly now that the world is full of competition in both education and computer/telecom field,so its our responsibility as parent to provide our children with tools that can help advance their skills in ICT sector.

4. jjmontero

jjmontero Member

My aunt was the first one who bought me laptop.

5. nnvghb

nnvghb New Member

My grandparents gave me a lot of money to spend so I decided to spend it on a PC.

6. Rexway4

Rexway4 Member

That is good you really think as someone that has a brighther future, some people will spend the money buying candies and lalipop but you use it to purchase a computer system.

This will help you learn various trade and collect information that can improve the quality of your life.

Owning a computer system is very good it's what every good parent should think of before sending their children to school .

7. Maxim

Maxim New Member

My dad, it's a long time (relatively)

8. JanetL

JanetL Member

@Maxim try and lengthen your post we don't welcome one line of post here , you said your father bought you your first computer? That is very good but can you tell me how many people where in your house-hold that needed the same device? and he chose to purchase the computer for only you.

Your father is genarous I demanded a computer from my parent when I was in hogh school but they dim me the access for it until when I get to the university where I was sent home from class before I was provide with one, not doubt some family have their rules and policy they operate on so all family can never be the same.