Why are you fat.?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Yuma Nishiyama, Jun 11, 2016.

1. ttayfel1997

ttayfel1997 New Member

To be quite honest, I believe it is because I don't have the funds to support a healthy lifestyle. I hate reading magazines about stars who were able to drop hundreds of pounds because even though they had the motivation to workout and eat right...they also had the money to hire the best personal trainer and nutritionist to help them get there. I am a broke college student who can't afford a gym membership let alone a personal trainer. I also eat ramen on a day to day basis. I believe 100% that if I had the money to hire someone to get me into shape...I would have no problem becoming fit. Because I have the motivation to get healthier, I just need the funds to do so.

2. fattymadz

fattymadz New Member

I eat sweets every day. Also because of my unhealthy life style. My work is just homebase. I did not notice that a gain weight so much. But now my goal is to really lose some weight so I have been doing outdoor activities as of the moment.

3. roamingblackout

roamingblackout New Member

I'm fat because I really sunk into a depressed state in 2017 and neglected myself in every possible way. I recognized this and started making healthy, positive changes in my diet and lifestyle around November 2017 and have now lost 15 pounds!

I'm hoping that I can reach my goal of having my dream body in 2018 and dressing how I really want to for the first time ever!

4. Alexander143

Alexander143 New Member

Everywhere you turn, there are opportunities to eat.At drive-through restaurants, vending machines, even gas stations. And when food is in front of us, we tend to eat more of it

5. valiantranger

valiantranger New Member

Basically, it all boils down to lack of discipline and motivation to diet and exercise.

With the information readily available in the internet, one would think it would be a little bit easier to live a healthy lifestyle. Sadly such is not the case. If a person does not have the desire and the discipline to improve himself nothing will happen to him.

I love to eat salty foods and sit down for long hours on my computer. Maybe by reading some posts in this forum, I would get the push that I need to exercise and to eat less unhealthy foods.

6. ShanMichael57

ShanMichael57 New Member

This is an obvious answer for this obvious question. Why are you fat? It's because you consume more calories than you burn. Calories tend to be Fat when they are stored and not being burned by our body. You're desire to eat often as much as an average person indicates that you are consuming a lot of calories lately and your body get used to this amount and it will react if you are not eating this much .. imagine yourself on your past you're just playing with your friends and doing a lot of activities then suddenly stopped because of some reason. this is the start of you getting fat. best way to lose it? just Lose Eat. Just eat an amount of calories you need and not what amount of calories you want. exercise daily if not daily just often when you have time but not over doing yourself because you'll just crawl up to your fridge again and just eat what you want.

7. Rosamistika

Rosamistika New Member

I was sexy when I was still single, but I started getting bigger and bigger when I gave birth to five wonderful kids. Slimming down is so difficult,but I have to sacrifice so many things just to live longer. So I am starting to eat without rice at night.

8. Anne31

Anne31 New Member

I eat a lot i consume 5 to 6 cups of rice everyday, and one of the reason also is i have slow metabolism so my body is hanging onto calories, sometimes its also because of our stress hormones, if our body feels really stressed out for a long time our body may think we under duress and could need extra energy and clings to calories

9. regineblas

regineblas Member

Why am I fat?
    Just because food is life! We can't live without food. But in history or science view we can live without food, as long as we have oxygen in the body to breathe and water to dehydrate our body. In really food always make us happy, it becomes our stress reliever, pain reliever and so on and so forth. It give us energy to boost our confident and to lighten up our mood every time that we have problems. Being fat is not different to other, it means that you are blessed that you eat 3x a day. But don't forget to share your blessing to other, remember its better to give than to receive may be one day if you'll need help they are helping you too.

10. Trvl420

Trvl420 Member

It's sad how people label people just because they don't like the way some other people looks. If only people can see souls than physical appearance, we probably have a different way on how we look on people and would be much better place. People should understand that other people got medical situation going on that's why they're bigger or smaller. If people would understand science and how things works genetically but yea people just judge right for what they see physically which is sad. I eat enough everyday and still fat because my metabolism is slow. I just wish people are smart enough but most of them don't even know things which is really sad.

11. Darius13

Darius13 New Member

You are what you eat. And if you move like a sloth or a turtle, then you get your self a ticking human time bomb. It does not matter if you eat a lot as long as those foods you eat are healthy. In my opinion, exercise just plays a secondary role in staying healthy. I have enrolled in a fitness gym for six months. And for two weeks now, I haven't exercised. To compensate for the lack of exercise, I just eat healthy foods and drink my green tea. I promote drinking green tea to stay in shape and healthy.

12. crystal05

crystal05 New Member

Four months after giving birth to my first child, I gain weight. It increases as the months goes by. I gain weight when I decided to quit my job, and take care of my baby. I have nothing to do in the house, I was adjusting to my new life, so to keep me busy, aside from taking care f the baby, I baked and cooked everything that pops up my mind. I experiment new recipes. Well I love to eat, I like to try new to my taste buds. When I was working I have little time for that, so when I quit, I have more time and freedom to do anything I want

13. Ahren08

Ahren08 New Member

Because I eat a lot and dont really have the time to exercise I guess. Afterwork I ussually spend my time sleeping watching Netflix and eating. I really dont have the time to exercise nowadays although I'm thinking about it. Sometimes I watch simple exercises on Youtube but really find it hard to do it regularly since I'm very stressed out from my work. I also tried walking some distance from my way home from work and it actually helped I was seing results although small but I feel much better walking than riding a car on short distances.

14. Toneth27

Toneth27 New Member

Because I don't have body conscious. I eat a lot especially when I have a problem. Eating is my best friend.

15. Willy1984

Willy1984 Member

It’s associated with several related conditions, collectively known as metabolic syndrome. These include high blood pressure, elevated blood sugar and a poor blood lipid profile.
    People with metabolic syndrome are at a much higher risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes, compared to those whose weight is in a normal range.

16. gabridosilang

gabridosilang Member

I am fat because I eat too much and I don't have discipline for continous intake of food that I like. I started getting bigger when I reached in my 30's. I stop going to gym and often eat to fast food chain also I love sweet and soda's.And I'm with a group of friends who really loves to eat. Now I'm planning to loose my weight but it's very hard for me to do that. I don't know where to start.

17. Aeolos

Aeolos New Member

I have been ask by so many people regarding this question and my answer will always be genetics. My father side is on the plus side and also my mother's too. They all have over 35 inches waistlines and and loves to eat. I can say that we really have a very slow metabolism. Although, I can really blame my lifestyle that resulted me being fat. I barely get the minimum requirements of sleep hour because I always have to study my lessons well. I usually consumes high calorie food so that I can stay up all day. I really don't do exercise since I would just to study than to do it. Overall, being fat can avoided if you have healthy way of living.

18. miro.espiritu123

miro.espiritu123 New Member

The reason why I'm fat right now is because of the lack of motivation in working out and doing diet. Previously, I'm consistent and going to gym in a daily basis but because of unemployment and too much habits that keeps me lying in bed took a toll on my life and ended up being fat. I'm not happy about it but I'm on my way in setting up a discipline in getting slim and healthy.

19. rmsc

rmsc New Member

Why am I even here? I'm actually not that fat. It's actually my face and belly that are fat. I don't know why but my body is not just proportionate. Actually, before I hit the age of 20's I'm so thin and I don't even like to eat anything except junk foods. When I started taking medicines for anemia and multivitamins I always feel hungry. Literally, like every minute and if I don't eat my stomach would hurt.

Until now I still feel hungry all the time even if I had already stopped drinking medicines and vitamins. I have decided to stop drinking medicines and vitamins because my stomach just hurts so bad I think I have a hyperacidity already. There are times I don't like to eat but I just have to just to make sure my stomach won't hurt anymore.

Now, I eat healthy foods, especially vegetables. I don't think too much about the fats on my face and belly anymore. I just make sure my stomach doesn't hurt that's why I'm starting to eat properly and on time because it is very unlikely especially during office hours. I am actually starting to discipline myself to do regular exercise. Sometimes it doesn't mean we are healthy if we are fat. There are actually many consequences or risk if we don't change our lifestyle. Sure we can still eat all the food we love but just make sure to burn some calories afterward.

20. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

We all know that person, the one who eats burgers and still loses weight while you eat salad and yogurt and can’t shed a pound. Turns out the problem may not be your appetite; it could be your reading skills. According to a study published in the Journal of Consumer Research, healthy-sounding labels are duping dieters.

21. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Put down the pop! Studies have shown that subjects who drink two or more diet sodas a day have waist size increases up to six times greater than those of people who don’t drink diet soda. These insidious sodas may be free of calories, but they’re not free of consequences!

22. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

New research suggests sleepless nights don’t just ruin your mood the next day—they could also damage your waistline. Researchers at the New York Obesity Nutrition Research Center at St.

Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital found that while sleepy folks seem to burn the same number of calories as well-rested people, they consume about 300 more calories a day.

23. babyheart

babyheart New Member

Oh my gosh! Because of this question I realize that I am fat because I'm super in love with food!!! I love ice cream, chocolate, cake, and everything sweet! I love pizza, burger, fries, nachos, and everything with cheese! I'm always excited to eat and food is a great adventure for me. And yeah I'm fat because I'm in love with food and I don't workout, I lack exercise and don't have a lot of physical activity. So yup, I'm gonna start trying to be not so in love with food :p

24. jamesandreis2

jamesandreis2 New Member

It depends on your discipline. If you are aware about things like metabolism, energy you take and consume, and other stuff, then you can track your body weight and still be in good shape without exercising or hitting the gym.

25. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

We all know that person, the one who eats burgers and still loses weight while you eat salad and yogurt and can’t shed a pound. Turns out the problem may not be your appetite; it could be your reading skills. According to a study published in the Journal of Consumer Research, healthy-sounding labels are duping dieters.

26. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

One of the main reasons that you are fat is overeating. When you eat too many calories, your body stores the extra as energy as body fat. A calorie surplus is a state in which you eat more calories than you burn. When a calorie surplus is combined with exercise, you gain muscle. When a calorie surplus is combined with physical inactivity, you get fat.
    The solution to overeating is simple: eat less. Most Americans rely too much on processed junk food which is convenient but unfortunately high in calories and low in nutrients. A typical fast food meal can have around 1,000 calories which is about half of what some people need in an entire day. Use the calorie calculator to figure out how many calories your body needs each day, start cooking your own food, count your calories and create a healthy routine that you will follow.

27. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Physical Inactivity. Physical inactivity is the other main reason why this country is so fat. In addition to eating unhealthy junk, most Americans do not exercise nearly enough. Again, the combination of too many calories and a lack of physical activity will lead straight to obesity.

28. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Bad Information. Some people are trying to make a positive change in their lives but find doing so is very difficult. Part of the reason for this is because finding reliable information can be tough. There are countless blogs, personal trainers, diet books, infomercials and DVDs that promise to help you get in shape. The problem is that a lot of these sources provide conflicting information. Who do you trust?

29. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

The solution to bad information is to remember that famous saying, “if it’s too good to be true, it is.” There are plenty of programs that promise to help you lose 50 pounds in a month or get a six pack in time for your cruise in a few weeks, but unfortunately, a lot of these programs make promises that are unrealistic. Remember that no program will work without significant change on your part. Programs simply tell you what to do. It’s up to you to actually do the work. Also keep in mind that there is only one way to lose weight: eating less and moving more. Any program, person, diet, device, pill or cream that promises you change without eating less and moving more is lying and a waste of money. Get a [realistic] free diet plan and workout routine.

30. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Inconsistency. Inconsistency will kill even the best weight loss plan. Remember that only a [consistent] calorie deficit (burning more calories than you eat) will lead to weight loss. Regularly cheating on your diet or skipping multiple workout sessions will not lead to weight loss. If you’re only dieting and exercising 1/3 of each week, you will never lose any significant weight.