Why do folks fear death?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mikoloco, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Mikoloco

Mikoloco New Member

Death and life are the sides of the same coin, for one to exist, the other one has to as well - unless you're Betty White or Queen Elizabeth but that's beyond the point. It is senseless to fear death because they are the same concept.

Without death looming over you, your entire existence would be meaningless, you would drone on like a zombie or - more accurately - like an insect not giving any thought to your actions.

On top of this, there is no rational purpose in fearing death because when it touches you, you won't even exist to feel it.

2. lal86

lal86 New Member

Two things.

People are scared of the unknown.
    Religion plays a lot into it.

People are scared of the unknown ie death. Same reason people don't take the big jump to move out of their home towns or travel the world or as simple as trying something new.

Also, religion. Religion makes people scared shitless of death. Have they lived the most perfect and holy life they could? Have the finished serving God? Have they sinned and won't be let into the afterlife.

There are two small examples. I could probably go on forever. I personally think it is foolish, but I understand everyone is different.

3. ilanthirayan

ilanthirayan New Member

People fear death.they fear of the other side of life.everyone and everything dies.whether it is a leaf, tree, chicken.what about the people who dies of accidents at their 20's.what about the girl who dies of cancer.

The only thing that matters is what we accomplish and what we pass to our children.it is a divine responsibility of every parent to pass good character and sufficient wealth to your children.

4. jendexayayra

jendexayayra New Member

It is not that we fear death. What we fear is the uncertainty, the unknown of what will become of us when it is going to be our turn. The sense or the idea of not living anymore causes a cessation of normal functionalities that we cannot comprehend. Human as we are, we don't want to feel pain. And it's the pain in getting there that disconcerts us.

5. Kryptonian

Kryptonian Member

I think fear of death is ignorance or the lack of knowledge. Biblically even the thief by Jesus sides had a chance to live after death when Christ offered him a chance to be in paradise.
    Maybe the type of death is what some fear. Painful death,for example drowning,crocodile attack,fires.Dying in your sleep is the best option.

6. donald78

donald78 Member

Death is the permanent cessation of all biological functions that sustain a living organism. Phenomena which commonly bring about death including aging, predation, malnutrition, disease, suicide, homicide, starvation, dehydration, and accidents or major trauma resulting in internal injury. It is not actually death that people feared because of its fraud views nobody believes their own death.

7. CandaceTan

CandaceTan New Member

For they are scared of life too I believe. I'm not scared to die myself but I feel weary thinking of someone I love being the brink of death and life.