Why do we need music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by IreneJay, Aug 10, 2019.

1. IreneJay

IreneJay New Member

Music gives a soul to the universe,flight to the imagination and life to everything,
    Music is a crucial part of all human cultures.Music is a way to express such powerful
    emotions and ideas, that normal language can’t express. Music can explain an individual far
    better than any set of words can. Music can create a feeling of insurmountable power,
    or break down what little bit of hope a person had. Music is emotion incarnate.

2. HanniBanni

HanniBanni New Member

The music relaxes and kills the stress. Most of us have felt this delightful effect on musical sounds. One of the best ways to relax after a hard day is to lie down in bed and play your favorite music playlist. People who listen to music at least twice a day for half an hour feel less stress and less anxiety. And when we know that stress is a source of many diseases, we should appreciate this effect of music even more. Music improves mood. No matter what kind of music you listen to, it has the potential to haunt negative emotions and improve your mood. While enjoying music, the dopamine neurotransmitter is released, which sends signals of pleasure throughout the body. Researchers have found that music not only increases the number of positive emotions, but also increases their intensity. It has been proven that people who listen to music exercise longer than people who practice silence. Exercising without music is not nearly as exciting as exercising with music that boosts your mood and motivates you to take it a step further. Music, also, helps people with cancer. Studies show that music therapy helps people who are treated for cancer to better cope with the symptoms. Music reduces anxiety for people treated with radiation, and nausea and vomiting are reduced for patients on chemotherapy.

3. mghica035

mghica035 New Member

Music is for sure deeply connected with emotions, to a level only a few other things can reach. But at the same time, it is so powerful that it even transcends emotion in many ways. Even people who are not so given to emotions can enjoy and need music a lot. It can be about more cerebral or technical aspects too. Or it can be a way to transmit important information and ideas even under heavy censorship, as it has been many times for people under totalitarian ruling. Like you pointed out, it also resonates the soul of the universe, and through harmony, careful construction and complexity, it makes us feel that there is a structure and an order behind it all.
    Maybe the best way to say is that music is totality incarnate, or at least as much of that as we can experience with our physical bodies.

4. Budstar

Budstar New Member

Music is the heart and soul of a person. It is a gateway of our emotions, a person sings what he or she feels. It defines one's personality from others and is uniquely beautiful. It is like a universal language that anybody can relate to.Music makes our lives more colorful and joyful and without it our world will never be complete.

5. starheart

starheart New Member

Aside from entertaining, music define us as a person. We will know the character or personality of a person through the music they listen. Also it gives color to our life, without music our life would be boring. All of us loves music,who doesn't ?Music is a passion for too many. Music changed so many lives, there were people who use music to showcase their talent to live their dreams.

6. wenny5

wenny5 New Member

Music makes the world a happy place. Our emotions are affected with different music that is being played. If I am down and feeling low I would play music that are happy and will make me dance to shake the blues away. If I am feeling sentimental and moody and feeling in love I want to listen to songs that would make me smile and just feel happy inside. Music just sets the mood for anything and everything.

7. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Music helps me calm down. It takes me back to happier times. I remember good times when I was younger. I listen to music when I am in a reflective mood. It helps me focus and keep things in perspective. This why I like listening to music.

8. kapta

kapta New Member

Music sometimes is called the meaning of life. There are different types of music genres where we can connect our mind and our feelings. Music can help to reach the darkest corner in our hearts, can touch it and even make it brighten.

Music helps us to find ourselves. It can reach our feelings and even change them. For example, music is able to reduce stress, caused by the outside world made stress, which is felt every day. Music can help to reach the deepest spots in our minds, for example, our memories, emotions. In addition to, music can change our thoughts about the world. Sometimes music helps to make through depression, bad mood or sadness. With it, we can feel our inside world.

When music is heard we are learning different things. The most learned is language. While we are listening to music, our brain considers the different type of new words and this is how we can make our knowledge bigger. From music, we learn how to control ourselves. Some of the songs are motivational, so we can learn the meaning of life. so, music is really helping to learn some new things.

Music – is art where we can find ourselves. Music can help to know us better, it can control feelings from inside. This type of art can make our knowledge bigger. And this shows that music is one of the many things, which are trying to make our lives better.

9. EJSC

EJSC New Member

We need music because it somehow helps us in refreshing our souls; it gives comfort to our emotions; it brings us to the other side of ourselves and sometimes it really fits into our emotions.

10. nic15

nic15 New Member

Music gives us color, energy and meaning to our life. It is a medium which one person can express its feelings to be understood. It also helps to inspire other people or be inspired. To get through our emotions we feel and be motivated in certain kind of circumstances. Thus, without music in the world there would be no life, color and everything will be just be plain boring.

11. Miallie23

Miallie23 New Member

Music is a basic human function. Our connection with sound is inevitable, either to create or take pleasure in it. We have always found music significant in our lives, whether for enjoyment in listening, the emotional response, performing, or creating. Every country has it’s own language(s), however, there’s only one language we can all understand: the language of music. We don’t even need words to understand what music is saying.

Music also adds up to the experience of whatever we’re doing. It's impossible to imagine a party without music, a sports event without music, or a movie without music. Furthermore, music plays a very important role in bringing people together. Whether it’s a festival, concert or a club night, people come together to enjoy the music that’s being played. It doesn’t matter where we are from, every one is treated the same. This is something we can all learn from.

Moreover, it is scientifically proven that music enhances brain functioning. Besides, listening to music in an environment with other people also makes sure you don’t get distracted by other people’s noises.

Music gets us inspired a lot. Let's admit it, when we listen to music there is instantly a vision in our head of surroundings that would fit that particular music piece. Music let’s your imagination flow and that’s obviously a good thing for our creativity and health.

12. Nanette1123

Nanette1123 New Member

I consider music as my stress reliever.

13. rextrip

rextrip Member

Music is something that helps us to find ourselves. It reach our feelings and even change them. For example, music is able to reduce stress, caused by the outside world made stress, which is felt every day. Music can help to reach the deepest spots in our minds, for example, our memories, emotions.

14. Zyrylrago

Zyrylrago Member

Because me as a person, music gives back myself at some point. Since it makes me happy and I feel so free, if that makes sense haha. It calms me, it remove all my worries in life, even just for a minute. Music is just really a big part of me since I became whole again. I learned different lessons through music. I learned how to love myself, how blessed I am, how music can change me. It’s just so big, it’s purpose is really irreplaceable and I thank the people behind music for making it.

15. halsoriano

halsoriano Member

As an individual music creates happiness in inner-self and feeds our soul like a food through our soul. Music removes negative energy in our lives and every time we listen to music it makes us calm and steady. Music can be the source of our strength and makes us who we are, So listen to music every time so that we can reduce our stress on our daily lives and live a better world with a good listening music.

16. rextrip

rextrip Member

Music helps us to find ourselves. It can reach our feelings and even change them. For example, music is able to reduce stress, caused by the outside world made stress, which is felt every day. Music can help to reach the deepest spots in our minds, for
    example, our memories, emotions.

17. jjmontero

jjmontero Member

Aside from giving entertainment the songwriters and even the audience are given the chance to speak up their mind though it is not a direct way of telling or showing still, it helps in giving out a message.

18. bads05

bads05 Member

Music helps us to find ourselves. Depends what kind of music we listen to. It can reach our feelings and even change them. For example, music is able to reduce stress, caused by the outside world made stress, which is felt every day. Music can help to reach the deepest spots in our minds and remember the important events in our lives, for example, our memories, emotions. In addition to, music can change our thoughts about the world. Sometimes music helps to make through depression, bad mood or sadness. With it, we can feel our inside world.

19. rmmlrgld98

rmmlrgld98 New Member

Music is one of the best invention of humans of all time. Music can connect people with different language, culture, religion and ideas. It is like the basic communication that available around the world. It is also a form of expression to share your thoughts and feelings to others. We need music because we cannot live without it. It is like living in a world without color. It is the highest form of art wherein a few notes can create a masterpiece.

20. shankz15

shankz15 New Member

Why do we need music?

Music makes me relaxing it helps me to forget my problem and stress everytime i listen to the music i'll forget everything, even if i'm heart broken i really feel the music i listen it made me cry and release all the pain inside of me.

21. drin

drin New Member

Music for me is the finest form of art. It doesn't matter its form, music can inspire us to become better, to do great things, and form me at times there's nothing better than listening to mozart to relax. I think that great musicians like John Lenon, Michael Jackson and others like them are some of the most important people that ever lived, their mesages always tought us peace,love an accepting of each other. Without music the world woudnt be just boring but also more dangerous place.
    We need music somtimes just to rlate to someone when we're lonley, and at other times to make revolutions.

22. CherryMae1821

CherryMae1821 New Member

Listening to music is one way of escaping reality. It makes me relax and relieve. Especially , when I listen to worship songs. Each songs has it own stories little did'nt we know they are inspired on writing songs and combine it with rhythm but the fact that stories behind that is a happy or sad story.