WHY do you read?

Discussion in 'Books' started by EvanHopkinson, May 11, 2016.

1. allebischoff

allebischoff New Member

Reading is an escape into other worlds and places that can only be dreamed of, it's absorbing information, it's learning another point of view, it's a kick in the rear end to motivate yourself, it's the inspiration to get yourself out of the bed, it's a lifeline, and in the direst of moments, it's a light in the dark to give you life.

2. tamss

tamss Member

when you are reading a book, and you know that it is going to be a tragedy; you can feel the cold and darkness coming, see the net drawing tight around the characters who live and breathe on the pages. But you are tied to the story as if being dragged behind a carriage and you cannot let go or turn the course aside

3. tamss

tamss Member

I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

4. Gestep17

Gestep17 New Member

Actually Reading help me a lot, I'm not good at communication before so I started reading because they say it will help me. So I actually did it was my first time its so boring, because I really like watching than reading but when I read the book Laguna Heat I was amaze about the story since I like action and fiction movie so I tried reading fiction books and now I started to enjoy it a lot and for now I can read 3-4 books for a month.

5. Massie

Massie New Member

Most of my reading is done for research. It is a passion of mine, but also a necessity for the health of one of my family members. In my spare time, if I'm not in the garden, I can be found researching natural remedies along with the science behind these remedies. It's what I live for!

6. navaneethbojan

navaneethbojan New Member

i read books and i go to internet just not to kill my time , i use them to gain knowledge .

7. charoy16

charoy16 Member

Studies have shown that reading has strong positive effects on the brain. By staying mentally stimulated, you can prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. This is because, keeping your brain active prevents it from losing power. The brain is a muscle and like other muscles in the body, exercise keeps it strong and healthy. Similar to solving puzzles, reading books is a great way to exercise your brain and keep it healthy.

8. myra21

myra21 New Member

I'm not a typical teen age girl who prefer hanging out with friends during their leisure time.I'm different from them, when I have free time I sit on a corner and read some books.There are many reasons why I read books,one of this is through reading I can travel different countries for free.I say that because literature contains informations of the world it portrays.

Other reasons why I read books are, first it helps me to broaden my knowledge and enhance my vocabulary,through reading I can be familiar to different words and learn different things.The second reason is,I can escape from reality because when I'm reading I feel like I'm out of this world and I belong to the story.Lastly,I read books to amuse myself and overcome the stress I encountered in my every day life.

9. tamss

tamss Member

Reading book Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.

10. tamss

tamss Member

Reading is the life-saving water for our minds. Drink pure words as much as you need and remain alive.

11. Emkaye28

Emkaye28 New Member

I read because I care. I care for my feelings that keeps on letting me down. I read because I want to escape the reality the makes me hurt even more. I read because I like to feel the happiness that the character are feeling. But even thoigh I read I still feel the essence of sadness after I read. I read because I want to be in the foot of the character and escape the reality that might put me down even more.

12. I read because it's really entertaining and productive at the same time. You can get good knowledge out of it and not be bored, well, that really depends on the book though, because there are some books that are just downright boring. Books also gives a wide range of variety and diversity , almost every topic around the world already has books, so it's just a matter of searching for that book.

Books has really suffered because of the internet and other medias, but as of today it's slowly making a comeback because of E-book, which makes reading books more convenient, and books always has this classic feel to it that you can't just find in other medias, because books really do promote your imagination to a whole new level, you are able to make you own feel to and just by picturing it in your head. That is the reason why I still really love books

13. Ryugun46

Ryugun46 Member

Thats a pretty simple answer. I read because I have the curiousity to learn new things and expand my knowledge and also my slimmest. It's really important to read books when it comes to learning new things. Without reading you can't learn that's for sure.

I know that the internet has grown a lot and it can be a great source of learning but the fact is reading a book is way more comfortable and relaxing then reading an ebook. That's my opinion. Yours maybe and could be different.

14. dix123

dix123 New Member

When you read about the lives of other people, people of different circumstances or similar circumstances, you are part of their lives for that moment. You inhabit their lives, and you feel what they're feeling, and that is compassion. If we see that reading does allow us that, we see how absolutely essential reading.

15. Juan Mateo Rosario

Juan Mateo Rosario New Member

Reading is very important and beneficial, books are not just for entertainment, but rather it can give you lessons and learning that you can use in your everyday life and to make yourself a better one.Through reading, you expose yourself to new things, new information, new ways to solve a problem, and new ways to achieve one thing. Who knows – you might find your new hobbies within it. Who knows – you might actually explore one thing you really like and it may end up becoming your career and success in the future. Exploration begins from reading and understanding. Through reading, you begin understand the world more. Through reading, you begin to have a greater understanding on a topic that interest you; for example: how to build self confidence, how to make plan better before taking action, how to memorize things better and more. All of these self improvements start from the reading; through reading, you create a structured path towards a better understanding and better actions to take in the future.

Reading is indeed a very important in life without it we can not know where are we because we don't know how to read street signs, we're not be able to travel the world. There a lot of reasons to rad aside from what I've said, you just need to discover it and use it.

16. Noxius

Noxius New Member

I have three main reasons to read that are all equally important to me.
    1. Entertainment. There are a lot more books with captivating stories out there than movies in my opinion.
    2. Training. The more you read, the better your writing skills become. In his book "On Writing", Stephen King said that he reads around 70 books each year - an insane amount compared to the roughly 20-30 I read, but it shows that there is some truth to it.
    3. Education. I always felt like certain classics are simply "must reads" and belong in the category of basic knowledge, and not having read them would be like not knowing basic algebra. While I don't judge other people for not having read certain books since they may have different priorities in life, I still expect it from myself.

17. roquedetera

roquedetera New Member

I read because i want to gain more knowledge in my mind.and reading is my hobby i read many time in a day so i can learn new and new word from reading a book.

18. Reading is also a communication for me, I read so I can communicate more and apply it real life, even fictions teaches me a lot. Whenever I read, I focus to the story that i forgot the real world.

19. CarolynFR

CarolynFR New Member

My mom started reading with me when I was really young. I learned how to read very quickly so before sleep she would read me a few pages, then I would read her a few, etcetera.
    I slowly started discovering my tastes and authors I liked particularly, and my passion was born!

When I grew up, I started using books as a way to escape real life. I know it's kinda sad but at the same time, I would have never started writing if I hadn't read all those books, and I wouldn't be the person I am today ;)
    Now I read because it's basically the only way I can relax and think about something other than work and real-life problems. I get caught up in the story and I end up worrying too much about what happens to fictional characters but I just can't help it.
    I also often reread my favorite books, that's like going back to a place I love.

20. tyrostlero

tyrostlero New Member

Fiction is a preferred source of entertainment for myself. Being able to live in a fantasy world and experience it can let my creative juices flow. The reason I read is to learn and to find about more things about myself, I for one want to live many lives instead of just one and each book that is read is added to my repetoire of lives that have been lived in my head and through those, I find strength and the ability to keep going forward.

21. jaynaol22

jaynaol22 New Member

I read books because its more accurate rather than online books. i spend 2 - 3 hrs reading a books after my work and during my free time. i tried to read ebook i notice there are lot of misspelled word and the story is not accurate.

22. Markoriginals117

Markoriginals117 New Member

The need to read, depends on how much a certain reader, values the time to read. The need to read is called upon the very thought of understanding what is presented. If a person fails to understand, the need to read then he/she likely fails to comprehend the real meaning of the text. Most importantly, reading enhances our vocabulary. Through reading, we encounter a lot of new words we will be able to use in our everyday lives.

23. ILYSNC1897

ILYSNC1897 New Member

To begin with it's very relaxing. You can sit down at a quiet place and just forget about the world around you for a while. Sometimes when I feel like I have a million things to do I take a break, make a tea and read a book. Secondly, you can bring a book with you almost everywhere. It doesn't matter if you’re on the subway, on the bus, on the beach or on a journey. There's always room for a book in the bag. Another good thing is that the way to school feels so much shorter if you have a book to read on the subway. Furthermore there are so many different kinds of books. You can vary between reading novels with a lot of love or more educational books. Personally I think you can learn something in every book. It's really funny to try to identify with the characters of the book and to imagine the environment. I think reading develops the brain and gives you the ability to understand other people. Besides, you develop your language if you read a lot because you learn new words all the time.
    To sum things up you can say that the best way to learn things, or to develop your language is to read. And though it's educating it's also very relaxing and entertaining. Imagine a hot summerday on the beach with a cold lemonade and a good book.

24. dashhh09

dashhh09 New Member

I read because I want to learn new things. Reading can widen my knowledge about things. It can keep my brain from being rusted. It will enhance my brain's capability of storing ideas and thoughts about some topic or situation. Also, it will widen my vocabulary.

Reading is important in our daily life because it will guide you in your daily routines like reading newspapers or reading traffic signs when diving. Reading will give you the access to a lot of things that even others might not know.

25. Nettie

Nettie New Member

I read books to make myself calm at times and also just to kill time when I have nothing to do. Another purpose of reading for me is that I was able to gain knowledge and improves my vocabulary further.

26. racethebar

racethebar New Member

I read because it broadens my knowledge and improves my capacity to comprehend. Words are very powerful so much so that when you read them, it makes you think with imagination as your only limit.

27. Sumimachine

Sumimachine New Member

Why do I read? That's really a good question. I really like reading. It lets me gain more knowledge and vocabulary. As of the last four years, I read many books. Its mostly e-books though. I love reading the Light Novels of Japan and the Wuxia or Xianxia Novels of China. I also sometimes read novels with Korean authors. Reading books is also a great stress reliever for me. It may sound childish but I really feel like I went to another world when I read books especially those fantasy and action genre novels. I think the correct question for this is, "Why not read books"?

1 person likes this.
  28. Jaynshi

Jaynshi Member

Personally, i read to gather more knowledge on something. Its also relaxing and keeps me away from getting glued to my phone.

29. tiebreaker

tiebreaker New Member

To alert my self with something and to make my brain think of something so it might learn new few things. and reading is the most reliable way of making my life sufficient because we learn from our surroundings. And reading give you lessons of a lot of things like culture, tradition, habits, mindset. advice or even experience from other people that you can learn from.

30. Ella23

Ella23 New Member

I read books for many reasons. One of them is to widen my knowledge and gather information for a study or an assignment. Second one is to relief me with the stress that I have gather from being worn-out from work, books let me enter a different dimension and entertain me with romance, humor, adventure or mystery. The third one is to inspire me and fill my mind with new ideas and exercise my imagination to create a brand new world or helps me create new things and lastly, helps me sharpen my mind.