Why do you watch Anime?

Discussion in 'Television' started by boogie030, Sep 2, 2018.

1. kreizett

kreizett New Member

The reason I watch anime is that the stories it depicts can seldom be found in western animation. Besides, I've really been into anime since I was a kid because anime series like Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc were a big deal back in the 90s in Latin America (where I'm from). So for me, anime is both entertaining and an integral part of my childhood.
    Oh, and the gore. I enjoy how gory some of the series can get (unlike western animation, which strives to always be kid-friendly).

2. peterwolf1017

peterwolf1017 New Member

I watch anime because it brings the imagination to life and do the things that are usually not possible in real world. As any age, people do have fantasy and wild dream of their own and want to live in that moment of time and place. If I were to able to do anything from anime, I would truly be living my life to the fullest.

3. RandomWriter

RandomWriter New Member

I just love anime. Probably for the same reasons that all of use are posting here. Here are my favourite anime :
    -Violet Evergarden
    -Highschool DxD (Only people of culture will know what I'm talking about right there)
    -Your name
    -Attack on Titan
    -Kakegurui
    -BNHA
    -One Piece (if you're not following from the beginning, don't even bother watching it)

My god, is anime such a class A drug at times. I'd recommend watching Gigguk's video on "The Life Cycle of an Anime Fan". It's really worth watching and extremely accurate despite what you would think !

4. kristinekish

kristinekish New Member

For me, I love the variety and scope of what people can do with anime.
    Animation brings a lot of freedoms to the art of “film”
    The first cartoon that I could relate to as I got older was avatar: the last air bender. After that show, I had an empty space of wanting something that could bring real emotion and care in to a world that was colorful and different than mine. Thus I discovered full metal alchemist and I’ve never looked back.

5. Hanna08

Hanna08 New Member

Watching anime is fun. It entertain me so much. When Im bored I always watch anime.

6. prexv

prexv Member

There are several reasons why I love anime even more than ten years have passed and still watching this kind of shows. There are a lot of anime that I can relate to which makes it so exciting to watch. I also appreciate how the animations are well done, the voice actors and actresses making the characters come into life, and the wonderful soundtracks that makes the anime more memorable. I believe Japanese content creators or mangaka has a very interesting creativity and its really nice to see it being animated whether its shounen genre (namely, the famous titles like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Dragon Ball, My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Fairy Tail, etc.) that has full of awesome fighting scenes and characters showing their determination and courageous acts to win over evil to shoujo genre (listing my personal favorites like Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Ao Haru Ride, Kimi ni Todoke, Bokura Ga Ita, Sukite Ii Na Yo, Honey and Clover, His and Her Circumstances, etc.) where romantic encounters are displayed to show how great love can teach to anyone, specifically the viewers. These anime are not only just for entertainment for me but it also shows great values where we can adapt it in our own daily lives.

7. andalocjn12

andalocjn12 New Member

I watch anime because it was part my childhood. The anime back in the days were having own segment on TV shows and for me i think all Generation X, Millenials and post Millenials were sharing the same childhood because of anime. Anime was part of many peoples childhood life in my country.

8. yssachwan

yssachwan Member

When I was young, my childish mind just wants to watch something that is easy and fun to the eyes. That and all those funny interactions of the characters. As I grow up, I begun focusing on the storylines and the animation. A lot of 'normies' can't see the beauty of animes because they prefer judging it as childish animations.

There are a lot of sense in an anime than those in a normal telenovelas. A lot of effort was put together, from the art, plot, characterization, MUSIC, animation and direction. It's like going into a new world. A lot of shows have that kind of perspective. There are a lot of genres to choose from. Name it and there's almost everything. So who wouldn't love that all-in-one package deal?

9. Charliechuck

Charliechuck New Member

Anime tells and narrates life lessons that anybody could used as their inspiration. Anime showcases the culture, capabalility, imaginations and creativity of Japanese. Imagined some or majority of animes setting are based on places located at Japan. People from some other country appreciate and in love with the anime because it gives comfort and realization with the story plot and twist.

10. pceug17

pceug17 Member

Some idea and plots in the manga/anime is hard to make in reality to put in movies or tv shows. They have amazing storyline and cliffhangers that makes you wanting for more just like in tv shows

11. leradj001

leradj001 Member

For me I watch anime because their creators, the Japanese are really great storytellers. They give you many different experiences that you can only get in their art and also I can put myself in the protagonist's shoes and be somebody else better or worse of what if I was born like them in a parallel world and just thinking about it makes my imagination run wild.

12. Z34O

Z34O New Member

Anything can happen in anime. Anime is life!! Super Fan Out.

13. mmsveloso07

mmsveloso07 New Member

I watch Anime because it has more depth and sense in terms of storyline and concept. It sometimes try to catch realities and sometimes incorporate the supernatural. Creators such as the Studio Ghibli provide quality animes that not only have lessons for the kids and the adult but also include local beliefs like the shinigami where we can see the Japanese people’s belief in the life after death. Small things like a shrine’s presence in an anime provide a glimpse on the beliefs of the Japanese on nature’s spirits, whether good and bad. One should watch Grave of the Fireflies and Spirited Away to see what I’m talking about and I am hoping you enjoy it!

14. rickyfax

rickyfax Member

Anime is one of a kind. A great story and a great graphic. Every anime bring different stories, it is interesting every bit of its part. There's a lot of plot twist where you didn't expect in the first place. Definitely must watch!

15. Jonasaguilar

Jonasaguilar Member

I watch different animes for different reasons. Of course the usual answer would be the storyline, which is a good reason. And the characters too. But one of my main reasons is to escape my normal, boring, uneventful life as much as possible. Watching is'nt the same a doing, of course, but it can really help. From watching an anime you get to know characters, and they become like your friends. In a great anime, I can feel countless emotions through the course of the series. Right now, this is the best adventure I can get.

16. Venchy

Venchy New Member

Yes, indeed. Anime is the greatest thing that I discovered and my life change because of it. I love how they add tension and power in every critical situations that the characters are in. And the opening and closing soundtracks of every anime is epic, it is uniquely made by the artist and fits right to the animes they're promoting.

The stories are twisted and epic. Specially the fight scenes, so awesome and breath-taking.

So basically, I won't be lively, be more imaginative and positive without watching anime.

ANIME is LIFE!

17. Marcosdc

Marcosdc Member

I watch dragon ball z, one punch man, ghost fighter, and one piece. These are one of my favorite animes.

18. JMae372

JMae372 Member

I watch anime because it helps me relax. Not just for relaxation and entertainment but watching anime helps me learn some things like friendship, family and love.

19. Vinziboi11

Vinziboi11 New Member

It's something that stuck to me since I was kid. I think of it as a part of my childhood that I brought to my adult life. Plus its very entertaining.