Why Lana Del Rey is better than Adele

Discussion in 'Music' started by gustavip2, Jan 14, 2019.

1. gustavip2

gustavip2 New Member

Lana’s sound has this retro vibe but is totally modern atthe same time; her slow songs are all about strings, but critics say the albumhas Kayne West’s ‘My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy’ all over it. Adele’s sound is just retro soul-pop.
    Lana’s videos have this unnecessary luxury, this megalomaniac grandiosity with tigers and expensive art objects coming right away from the most eccentric rapper’s dream, while Adele’s videos are plain black and white videos.
    Lana self-proclaimed herself ‘Lolita lost in the hood’, or a ‘gangster Nancy Sinatra’, Adele described herself as a 'normal girl'.
    Adele looks like the girl next door with a nice brushing, Lana looks nothing like the girl next door, and I live in LA, home of the beautiful people.

2. CenterlessG

CenterlessG New Member

I dunno dude, Lana Del Rey still seems like a gimmick to me. Not that I'm gonna go up to bat for Adele though. She has a few good songs and a damn impressive voice though.

3. Impalals01

Impalals01 New Member

I used to like Adele more than Lana Del Rey l, until I heard 'Summertime Sadness'. Not only did I feel like her voice was more powerful but the message she sends through her words are so relatable.

4. Momamba

Momamba New Member

I don't believe lana del rey is better than Adele. Adele won many awards and her songs are more relatable , pleasing to the ears. Adele's voice while singing is clear when she is pronouncing the words while lana del rey isn't able to do that.