Working out - Home or Gym?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Kori, Jul 24, 2016.

1. JennyWren

JennyWren New Member

I prefer working out at home, this saves on the gym membership which I don't always use and allows me to work out when it is convenient for me. My main workout is yoga which I do for the exercise, not the metaphysical aspect which I have a hard time taking seriously in a yoga class. Working out at home also allows me to go at my own pace - I can take my time with the poses that I want to focus on.

2. Parathsharma

Parathsharma New Member

Depends on what amount of time I have. Mostly I prefer gym but when I don't have time then I prefer home with bodyweight exercise.

3. irfanak920

irfanak920 New Member

I believe that working out at home will give the same result as in the gym.Personally,I prefer working out at home.Some people prefer working out in a free space.I am one of that kind too.Some of my favourite types of workouts are HIIT,HIT and Calisthenics.This types of exercises enables me to loose fat and build lean muscles at the same time.

If you are a type of person who has a busy schedule,it is the best to workout at home.It will save your time,give you comfort and enhance your performance.

4. lilibethnepo

lilibethnepo New Member

I prefer going to gym because in my home i don't have enough gym equipments and weights. And in gym i can ask many people to gather some tips and ideas on how to put some muscle gains. And in gym there are some hot women it can motivate me to work hard and make some real gains

5. jonjon1980

jonjon1980 Member

it depends on situation I think both for me

6. fortext

fortext New Member

At home, of course. I usually do bodyweight exercises, so there’s no need for different workout machines. A pair of 10-pound dumbbells and a pull-up bar are enough for me.

The good thing about working out at home is that no driving is required. There isn’t any gym in my neighborhood so I have to take the car to get to the nearest one. Unfortunately, the traffic around here can be ridiculous at times. One selfish driver is all it takes to cause a hellish jam.

Another reason why I prefer exercising at home is that I don’t fancy smelling other people’s stinky sweat. I’ve been around people who didn’t realize just how smelly they are when they’re sweating. It’s not the kind of experience I’d be willing to go over again.

7. NichoFern

NichoFern New Member

This is a great question isn't it? The list of pros and cons for both options could seemingly go on and on. I Specialized in calisthenic training from home. After training from home for nearly a year I decided to get a gym membership. I found that even with all the pros and cons lined up for both options I chose the gym. The reason I chose the gym is actually just that I enjoy lifting weights. I will say that If I could afford all my favorite machines and weights I would most certainly be working out from home. I can not afford this yet so until I can I will maintain my gym membership! I also forgot to mention that most gyms have a sauna and or tanning area that is enjoyable as well.

8. investwarrior

investwarrior New Member

Wotking out in Gym is better because you receive more motivation plus you can go there with a friends and its always easier to keep going if you are not alone, but if you are strong enough to go alone, you can do it at home too, but i not so strong, so i prefer to go as duo to a gym.

9. sun00005

sun00005 New Member

better at gym so u can be determuined with people who trting their best to stay fits

10. RonnieG

RonnieG New Member

Working out at a gym has always worked better for me. subconsciously its like I'm competing or trying to impress someone i guess lol.

11. naethan

naethan New Member

I prefer working out in the gym because there's a lot of equipment and machine that can help me with my journey of being muscular. It's too expensive if I buy that equipment. Enrolling to a gym nearby is cheaper. Another reason is that the environment can motivate me on working out when I see other people and instructors who are dedicated to working out. In addition, there's a lot of people there that I can relate with. when I work out they give me a piece of advice on what they did since they experienced being a newbie too.

12. VanessaIsabelle

VanessaIsabelle New Member

I'd rather work out in the gym than working out at home. I feel motivated when I see a lot of people sweating and looking pumped up and tired. It gives me the boost I needed to make it through my routine and come again for the next days. Also, the camaraderie inside the gym gives me the feeling of being welcomed and being part of a family. A family with common goals and will support me on my fitness journey.

However, this past months I tend to have a more busy schedule that my going to the gym is being affected. From working out 3 to 4 time a week, I now get to go 1 to 2 times a week. I have no choice but to work out at home. It was not as fun and motivating as compared to working out in the gym. But since I don't have a choice, I am stuck with my dumb bells and you tube channels.

It was not that bad at all actually. I still get pumped up, sweating and tired. I guess what is really important is my determination to be fit and accept and embrace changes in life. One positive thing is that I get to save some money since working out at home is free. It saves me time and money though I really missed my gym buddies.

13. ajohn

ajohn New Member

Its still better to work out inside the gym because they provide every equipment we need.there's also an instructor who can assist everyone to use the equipment properly and to ensure everyone safety.

14. Tricelyn

Tricelyn New Member

Working out in the gym is defiantly a preference for me as it may be easier to exercise at home but mentally as soon as you step in gym you feel the need to seriously train where as at home there are so many distractions that you never really get the same load of work in as in gym. Gym also offers more equipment and the added competition of other people psychologically boosts your desire to train hard and push your boundaries

15. Carlo28

Carlo28 New Member

I'll go with "Gym" Gyms will offer you classes that you may find very motivating. If you attend class on a regular basis, you may be motivated enough to continue. So you don’t have to defend yourself when asked where you’ve been or what you have been doing.You can also meet new people in class, or just help others along if you choose.All in all, making the choice of exercising at home or at the gym is a choice you should make based on your goals and personal preference. The most important decision you’ll need to make is to determine what type of environment you want to be in and how you want to accomplish the fitness goals in your life.

16. KatBcat

KatBcat New Member

I prefer working out at home. It's free and I feel more comfortable to do anything I want. Plus, with all the available videos we have today it is very easy to achieve your fitness goals as long as you have the motivation and determination to do it.

17. luklinder31

luklinder31 New Member

I really prefer to work out at a gym. The amount of money to buy enough home equipment is outrageous. The other is the amount of space to put the equipment in, is just not feasible.

18. Sgovies0425

Sgovies0425 New Member

I prefer home as well. Half the time I give up going to the gym during the drive there. I have a treadmill and a few dumbells and that works fine at home. There are thosand of tutorials online to get a great routine.

19. Alvier22

Alvier22 New Member

I must prefer going to GYM. Paying for a gym membership can be motivating, but there's also the energy you get from working out around other people. You can pick up on that friendly competitive vibe that you won't get working out alone. There's not much to do at the gym but exercise which can help you stay focused on your workouts. There are no chores staring you in the face, no kids interrupting you, and nothing to tempt you away from your workouts.

20. Thiaf

Thiaf New Member

I choose to go to the gym because I believe seeing other people working hard to get fit will be a perfect motivation for you to strive also. At home, there can be a tendency to feel lazy to work out especially if you have other family members around you who are just sitting and enjoying watching tv, etc.

21. markedizon

markedizon New Member

im definetely having exercise in our home outside or inside cause more prefably and nothing cost than you to gym pay for time or a day in our home i do many exercise lime in calisthenics

22. Dida

Dida New Member

More and more people are starting to work out at home. It is so much more time efficient and nowadays there are thousands of workouts to choose from. I used to work out in gyms for many years, but soon discovered that it is a lot more fun to work out at home with workout DVDs. This way I could choose all my favourite instructors and workout styles and wouldn't have to work around the gym group fitness schedules. The same goes with strength training, you can achieve the same results with some free weights as with all those expensive machines in the gym. In fact, callisthenics body weight style exercises can get you a chiseled physique without using any equipment at all.

23. lostwords

lostwords New Member

I like to work out at home because it's so much easier. Yes, the gym probably has better equipment, and I could hire a trainer if I wanted to get really serious, but the fact is that I'm too lazy to drive all the way over to the gym to exercise. Exercising at home also means that if I'm having a day where I don't feel well or I'm very busy I can still get in five or ten minutes of exercise and keep in the habit of exercising. If I don't, and I don't exercise for a few days, then I find myself making excuses and saying "well, I've already missed three days, what's one more?"

I guess basically what I'm saying is that I like to work out at home because I'm lazy and need to trick myself into doing exercise!

I'm also pretty cheap and don't want to pay for a gym membership.

24. lolle

lolle New Member

I prefer working out at home. I found alot of exercises on Youtube, and it saves me time and money, since I don't have to go to gym, and pay for memberships. There are trainers on Youtube videos, so it's enough motivational for me, and its nicely explaned.

25. utkvodka

utkvodka New Member

It all comes down to what your fitness goals are, the time you can dedicate towards working out as well as money
    Gyms can be expensive, thus, If you are not going to spend atleast 6 hours a week in the gym i recommend working out at home
    You can easily achieve your fitness goals at home as long as you have a yoga mat, A few resistance bands or dumbells.
    Information is unlimited on the internet and is free.
    So make use of it. GOOD LUCK

26. JPAN18

JPAN18 Member

For me, it is more productive to workout at gym since they have a professional instructor to guide you through your workouts.

27. rm1006

rm1006 New Member

If you're a beginner it's better to workout at home first with your body weight so you'll be able to practice good form and technique to avoid injuries and gain more. Then when you think you're good enough or strong enough you can hit the gym with weights just remember good form and technique when working out is the key.

28. Marcosdc

Marcosdc Member

I work out at home, I have equipments that I use it may be not enough compare to gym's equipment, but its fine for me. I don't need to pay monthly fees for membership. I use to go to gym but then decided to buy equipments to me to workout at home.

29. jjimen18

jjimen18 New Member

Practical wise. You can do your work out at home instead of going to gym. Even if you dont have equipment or machine at home, you just need a yoga mat, a playlist and the motivation to sweat it out!

30. dfreshthomas

dfreshthomas New Member

I never have worked out on a regular basis before. I prefer to just have a physically demanding occupation, where i get paid to work out!