Working out - Home or Gym?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Kori, Jul 24, 2016.

1. mariebernadette

mariebernadette New Member

I am not really into working out, but if I were to choose between working out at home or in the gym, I'd choose to work out at home because it is more convenient for me and of course it is less expensive. The only downside about working out at home is that it is just a little bit boring compared to working out at the gym since in the latter, we can work out with friends and/or we can meet new people.

2. Tunaturkeydog

Tunaturkeydog Member

As much as I want to do it at home, I end up doing it in a gym. It's hard to get yourself in the mood when you're doing it alone. Plus, going to the gym gets you involve in communities and events.

3. andalocjn12

andalocjn12 New Member

Anywhere i think, only if you have a guts to do workout routines anywhere. For me in home is the practical way to do workouts, and in gym is somewhat kind of advance workout because gym consist of workout equipments and facilities. The best way to have a healthy workout is to have self discipline because if you have discipline, workout can be fulfilling no matter where you workout.

4. briannaorr123456

briannaorr123456 New Member

Going to the gym for a workout works best for me. This is because there are no distractions nor temptations. Working out at home sometimes makes me stop after a few minutes. Rather than going to the gym which helps me to focus on working out. Working out at the gym also allows you to meet new people which could have the same common interest as you.

5. jinghongzhang

jinghongzhang New Member

I like both. It really depends on my schedule with my works. Because I enjoying both training in the gym with a lot different kind of equipments and body weight training which can be done almost everywhere. So for me, I do workout in both of these places.

6. golfjunkie123

golfjunkie123 New Member

I prefer going to the gym. There are advantages and disadvantage to both. For me, it would cost a lot of money for me to buy the equipment to work out. The equipment could be as much as $100,000.Even just a set of dumbbells is very expensive to buy. Also, there are spotters at the gym. When lifting weights it is safer to have other people around you. . Even though going to the gym could be a drive of up to 30 minutes, there are a lot more pros than cons. There are also more distractions at the gym. When you listen to music this is not a problem. Overall, it is a lot cheaper for me to go work out at a gym.

7. rickyfax

rickyfax Member

I prefer working out at home because I'm a little conscious about my boday. And also, it does not cost me to acquire a trainor and a membership fee. Sometimes, you got to watch reliable videos from youtube and do it by yourself. It is also fun to work out at home because you can do it with your family or atleast motivate them to do it with you.

8. Isakft

Isakft Member

I prefer working out at a gym, but I often have some small workouts at my house if I do not have time to go to my gym.

9. Pen29

Pen29 Member

Going to the gym is easier and everything you need is there like the plates arranged from lighter to heavier, it is organized already. Unlike at home, I have to adjust the weights manually since I only have some dumbell bars and some plates. Sometimes if I have a budget, I really prefer going to the gym but it really doesn't matter as long as I am healthy and able to exercise everyday even only at home.

10. Janelle31

Janelle31 New Member

I would prefer going to the gym to work out instead of being at home. It is true that working out at home can save you the membership fees and much convenient if you are a busy person, however being at home can be full of distractions. If you are in a gym, you can be more focused on your workout goal without thinking if you are able to run the laundry or if the stew is already boiling. There are no toddlers running around to distract you as well. Being in the gym makes you more motivated as you can see other people working hard on their fitness regime. You also have instructors that can help you if you are doing the correct things and ensure your safety.

11. Etaypink1

Etaypink1 Active Member

I prefer working out at home

1 person likes this.
  12. michpiong

michpiong Member

Working out at home or at gym is very good. We all know that having an exercise at least 1 hour a day helps our body to become stronger and healthier. I tried working out in the gym and at home. The only advantage when your working out in the gym is, it has complete exercise materials and you can lose weight faster. While at home, you can also lose weight by watching online videos for fitness and exercise guide and you can also save money.

13. pceug17

pceug17 Member

Last year, I both work out at home and at gym. I do calisthenics that relies body weight for my exercise at home. This is to improve my balance and flexibility. From time to time, I lift some dumbbells to add extra difficulty to the routine. I also jump to our stationary bike for 10-30 minutes to build my endurance.

I visit the gym for my body building and strength enhancement exercises. First few weeks was pretty tough because you have to correct the form first before lifting heavier weights. What is fun at the gym is you will get to work out with your friends. There is always someone who are willing to spot you when you try lifting heavier than your usual weight.

14. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

I prefer working out at home. I have my own equipment and I can control when I work out. This gives me time to do other things. In the gym, there are times when I have to wait for others to finish before I can use the equipment and that can take time. Still, one good thing about working in a gym is that you have people who can help and motivate you.

15. chrizj

chrizj New Member

The healthy body is nice but healthy living is great, exercising at home is a nice way for us to keep healthy but exercising in GYM is great, because you may make friends with other people it is a healthy living to create new circles while keeping our lifestyle healthy.

16. klynne18

klynne18 New Member

It's better to have a workout at the gym. Because when you're at home your tempted to other things that you could do rather than workout. You maybe want to just lay down, eat, play games or browse the internet. So you are not focus in the things that you should do during work out.

17. dinndinn

dinndinn New Member

I'd say that I prefer working out in my local gym, the main reason that I choose this is due to the variety of exercise equipment available. I feel a lot more comfortable lifting up weight from the ground inside the open space of the gyms rather than at home. Also the many different equipment inside the gym allow me to preform many different exercises, which helps keep my workout routine interesting. Constant exercise repetition tends to reduce my motivation overtime.

Although I prefer the gym than my house for workouts, I do think that working out at home has a few advantages. The two main advantages is the saving of time and money. You don't need a monthly gym membership to exercise at home, and you also don't have to travel to your local gym in order to exercise, which saves you some time in your day. I also think that if you're looking for a quick and effective workout, exercising at home is your best bet.

18. rvtamayo

rvtamayo Member

It requires determination and a proper mindset to obtain your desired feature. And there are no best ways because all of them are helpful however I could tell you the disadvantages of working out at home and at the gym. Working out at home has its benefits like saving time and having privacy but most often gives you the lack of will to perform the necessary task needed. At the gym, you have all the things you need and be inspired by the people around it but you also lose time going to it. and there is more that I could give you but I want you to focus more on your mindset. If you do not have the will to undergo the process then think about it more thoroughly.

19. beckertani

beckertani Member

Home or Gym? If you are comfortable working out at home, do it. However in the gym you can see and meet other people, and maybe you can be friends and maybe a person who will become your friend can give you instructions or- What if he/she cannot only give you gym instruction but an advice for your lifestyle.

20. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

That depends on your schedule, some people have no time going to gym and some people has time to go to the gym but working out at home has its own benefits too. If you are lacking out of time, there are some exercises that will shape up your body and boost your testosterone if you are a man. The best home exercises for me are 20-kilogram kettlebell swings, dips, pull ups, jumping squats, diamond push ups and 2-minute planking. I have some pretty good success with boosting my testosterone with these home-workout regimen. I hope I gave you a couple of ideas and help you in some other way. :)

21. kingandoy

kingandoy New Member

I prefer working out in the gym. Cardio machines and weights are complete. There is also a personal trainer that will guide you with your workout. Also, paying for a gym membership can be motivating since you paid for it, you will now always go to the gym.

22. RICHDADDY

RICHDADDY Member

I am not a fitness expert but as an avid gym-enthusiast, I would say that it is possible, but not probable for you to get that physique at home. Looking like that takes a very long time-commitment at the gym (likely 15 hours per week plus), and also a very dedicated diet.

That said, you can get a very nice body with a home gym. The only problem is that you will likely need to spend hundreds of dollars (maybe even close to thousands) to get a proper setup, and won’t come close to replicating what a gym has. Every time you advance, you’ll need to buy more weights. If something breaks, that’s on you to fix. And if you really get into it you’ll probably become frustrated with the lack of variety of exercises you can do with what you have.

As others have noted, there’s also body weight fitness exercises, but you’ll likely have a hard time achieving that look through body weight exercises alone unless you have a naturally bulky/build to begin with.

23. ciestlavie

ciestlavie New Member

I've tried working out at the gym a few times but I definitely prefer working out at home. There are a lot of ways to learn workout routines that suit my style. Doing it at home also saves me time and money but most importantly, I'm more comfortable working out alone than being surrounded by other people, and comfortability helps me push myself more, which in return gives me more positive results.

24. Michael1478

Michael1478 New Member

For some people gym becomes the second home. For me, the gym routine is like this : Enter to the gym - do your workout - get out. Staying there for too long makes you look like a gym rat and also I don't like staying there. I would love to workout at home but I don't have the equipment the gym has and bodyweight exercises are just not enough.

25. RyokuMuzashi

RyokuMuzashi New Member

I also prefer working out at home. My 1 year old won't let me go to the gym in the day and my only free time is 11PM onward. There's no gym near my house and going out in that time is not really encouraging. I have an all in one bench press/lat pulldown at home and some dumbbells with plates. It motivates me much more since I can just go to my gym room and do my workout. The only downside is the equipment, I only have the bare minimum equipment. So, the exercise that I can do is limited. Tho, I always use some creative way to do the exercise that needs a certain equipment. You could say that I use a different variation for that exercise. For example since I dont have a tricep pushdown machine, I use the lat pulldown to do my pushdown with the lat pulldown bar. I also use that do some facepull, biceps, etc. There's so much you can do with very little equipment or even no equipment at all.

26. artman201

artman201 New Member

There are certainly benefits to both options. Working out at home can reduce anxiety from thinking people are staring at you. There's also the freedom of not having to drive or even change. This familiarity can be a hindrance since you might associate the home with comfort or ease and therefore you'll be less motivated to actually work out when you can just lie in your bed. The discomfort of the gym can actually push you into working out harder, since the harder you push yourself, the less time you need to spend in a foreign, uncomfortable location.

27. ClaireG

ClaireG Member

I prefer to work out in gym because if you really wanted to get in shape then the gym is just waiting for you. The gym has a lot of facilities and equipment that you need to stay fit and besides they have instructors that will surely guide you and help you to be fit. I love going to the gym it makes me feel relax from all those stress. It is actually my stress reliever and it's good to be healthy.

28. lenlen

lenlen Member

I prefer both because going to the gym motivates you to stay physically healthy and fit. it also gives me good vibes and courage to be fit when you meet nice and wonderful friends while working out. Working out at home is also good because you can manage your time wisely especially if you're a housewife.

29. userhichou1

userhichou1 Member

gym of course

30. Treveez

Treveez Member