Working out - Home or Gym?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Kori, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Vishnumayyanad

Vishnumayyanad New Member

Workout at home only if you know the procedure's correct. If we don't have the basic knowledge of the workout we do, then it is safe to go to the gym and have no problem with being a professional trainer. They will understand our physical condition and suggest a workout plan.

2. Anj1018

Anj1018 Member

Since i'm a chubby person and i tried a lot of workouts to lose weight i prefer working out in a gym since i really don't have any idea on how to lose this excess weight that i have. In the gym their will be a coach guiding you in every workout you will do. Also it will refrain you from losing your drive and motivation to keep going and continuing your workout. Also they will help you monitor your diet and will motivate you from time to time to continue what you have started.

3. rmmlrgld98

rmmlrgld98 New Member

It depends. If you are a very busy person, you can save a lot of time, money and effort by working out at home. Working out at home reduces the time to go to the gym. The disadvantage of working out at home are limited equipment, no gym instructor, low motivation, and other factors that can distract you from working out.

If you really want to build your body, it is highly recommended to workout at the gym because most gyms have a complete set of equipment for you to use to target different parts of muscles. You can also see other people working out and in the process, it helps you to motivate yourself to achieve other people's achievements and progress.

Overall, it all depends on the person, his/her motivation, mindset and resources.

4. Shadzwrite

Shadzwrite New Member

The answer to whether or not someone should exercise at home or at the gym is a very individualastic one.
    Living in a time where a 'gym' can be wherever you have the space, time,equipment and internet access to hundreds of youtube workout videos, the need for memebership at an actual gymnasium is based completely on the preference of the individual.
    If you are discipled and committed to becoming fit and improving your overall health, it shouldn't matter where you choose to exercise.
    However, if you are like me, and find motivation from the other sweaty,determined individuals beside me or have a natural tendency to stray from comittments that cause intentional pain and torture to your body or if you just need someone physically pushing you beyond your mental limitations, then i would definitely recommend going to the gym.
    Other than that,with the right mind and equiment, at home workouts are just as effective.

5. donald78

donald78 Member

One of the biggest advantages of having a gym at home is that you can exercise whenever you want and not just when the gym is open. A home gym is also convenient than memberships because they are right at home. Making it a lot easier for you to fix workouts into your day. I prepare at home because it will provide you to prepare a little time and effort into your workout at home. It can be just as effective as a gym workout. However, for others, the prospect of going into a gym is daunting and therefore exercising in the comfort of our home is much more appealing.

6. whillsy

whillsy New Member

Going to the gymnasium on behalf of me may be a major time investment, over and higher than what i might pay simply understanding. and the gymnasium may be a vast supply of distractions.

First I even have to be presentably clothed - most gyms want you to be clad in "gym wear". If all my gymnasium garments square measure unwashed, then i have to bear the mephitis of my perspiring garments and hope nobody comes close to enough to notice, or skip the gymnasium. In winter, you cant simply get in the gymnasium garments, therefore there's the extra time spent dressing and undressing at the gymnasium.

7. Pajbot

Pajbot New Member

I like the gym because it helps me actually go workout on the days when I don't feel like it. The constant reminder of having spent money on a gym membership is enough to drag me out the door and go consistently and never miss a workout. If I was to workout at home I would turn lazy with my goals and maybe even throw the idea away all together eventually - which is the last thing I'd want :)

8. RenzG

RenzG New Member

Honestly, I prefer the gym over home workouts.

The gym has lots of equipment for you to use and there are people there that might motivate you to your goal, directly or indirectly. Plus, there is also an aspect of "not wasting time" since you really don't have anything else to do there but workout.

For home workout, there are just to many temptations at home and my self control isn't really that great for them so I may just end up forgetting that I'm even working out in the first place.