Would you rather be rich or healthy?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Natalyatarasenkova, Feb 23, 2013.

1. christa

christa New Member

Interesting question? I pick health, when you are healthy you can make some money if you realy try, money can't buye health yes if you have a lot of money and you are sick you can afford the best docters and hospitals but they can only do so much!! So yes i rather go for health!!!!!

2. Zulwarn

Zulwarn New Member

I'd rather to be rich, than healthy. Money is power. With the right amount of money, being unhealthy wouldn't be a problem. That's why most rich people are very healthy these days.

3. alwaysjessi

alwaysjessi New Member

I would rather be healthy. I don't need to be rich as long as I have the main necessities of life. Although, I am sure being rich has its advantages.

4. amylou

amylou New Member

Hopefully everyone would choose health over wealth, because there are some things money can't buy. At the same time, in this day and age (sadly) you have to be wealthy in order to be healthy. Healthy food costs more. The better treatments cost more. You need money for those things.

I just want to point out to some people that not every health issue can be solved with money. You can have all the money in the world and still die of cancer.

5. Rebecca Fenech

Rebecca Fenech New Member

The first taught of being rich is living a happy life. Though a rich person can still become unhealthy, which makes him unhappy. So health is the best choice to live a happy life.

6. hernb1

hernb1 New Member

I personally would rather be healthy. You can have all the money in the world but if your health is at stake then what good is all that money going to be. I'd take being rich with life any day of the week.

7. devianthype

devianthype New Member

I would much rather be healthy. Sure, money can take care of many health problems...but it can't address the mental burden of having to make constant appointments to figure out what's wrong with me next, or not being able to spend time with my friends or family because I'm in and out of the hospital. Only with good health can one really enjoy life to the fullest.

8. readandwrite

readandwrite New Member

I rather be healthy, how can you enjoy your riches if you're ill.

9. JohnM13

JohnM13 New Member

It's an easy question for me. Definitely healthy. What would all the millions of dollars do for me if I get terminal cancer for example? Sure, I could get the "best" treatment and the best doctors, but I eventually would die anyway. If I can stay healthy, I'm sure that I'll get enough money to live a pleasing life. That seems way better to me than having a lot of money but then die young.

10. Dr. Joshi

Dr. Joshi New Member

"Health is Wealth", goes the saying........ and I would agree, wholeheartedly!
    Health comprises physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health, each of which gives fulfillment to life.

Wealth by itself is meaningless. Wealth is used to secure fulfillment of our various desires.
    But this fulfillment can only be realized if we are healthy!

Although to a certain extent health and wealth are interdependent, mere pursuit of wealth does not guarantee health, as health also has to be nurtured separately, carefully and wisely.

11. thor9876

thor9876 New Member

Rich can have many meanings. If you do not have your health, you don't have anything. What good is money if you're stuck in bed all day.

12. aa888

aa888 New Member

Health is definitely #1! You could have all the money in the world, but without good health, you wouldn't be able to enjoy a good quality of life.

13. PhoenixCross

PhoenixCross New Member

I feel like the two options are not mutually exclusive, however for the sake of argument I'd rather be rich. If choosing wealth requires that I sacrifice my wellbeing, I'd be willing to wager that I could buy myself the necessary healthcare to achieve a healthy lifestyle regardless (barring any terminal illnesses, of course). A saying my economics professor passed on to me - "Money can't buy you happiness, but being broke can't buy you anything."

14. shylock

shylock New Member

I would rather be rich and unhealthy than healthy and not have money to do whatever I want. One of my favorite quotes is "Whoever said money cannot buy happiness, did not know where to shop"

15. theonlyresponse

theonlyresponse New Member

Healthy. What's the use of having a lot of money if you won't live long enough to enjoy it? Living life, eating healthy, and staying active is the way to go. There's no amount of money that would ever be able to replace that.

16. Ryota

Ryota New Member

This is a tough question when you think about it. Does being healthy in this case mean being completely without money? How unhealthy will I be if I am rich?

If we look at the extremes, it's not an enjoyable life in either situation. If I were healthy but homeless and penniless, I can't say I would enjoy my life. If I were extremely rich but constantly in hospital or bed-ridden, I can't say I would enjoy my life.

However, if we are not talking in extremes then I think the choice is easy. Health is the most important thing you can have. It's been said so many times before in this topic alone it sounds cliché, but what's the point of having money if you're not around for long enough to enjoy it? The only way I could choose being rich in this case is if I were able to somehow improve other people's lives through charities or research.

17. Ironikz111

Ironikz111 New Member

It depends, really, on what the alternatives of the above are. By choosing healthy, am I so poor as to be homeless? By choosing rich, am I terminally ill. As in the extreme situations, most people would choose to be healthy. Personally, I would rather be healthy, as health leads to happiness.

I do believe though, that the common belief "money doesn't bring happiness" is false. At the end of the day, I would rather sit and cry in a Ferrari, than sit and cry under a bridge. Money may not directly bring happiness, but it certainly makes it easier to attain.

18. Oswin

Oswin New Member

That's a tough one.

But I'd choose to be rich than healthy. It's been said that money can't buy you good health... But money can buy you nutritious meals, adequate shelter and all the things you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Also, picking health in this issue does not guarantee that you will never get sick. And if you do, you'll need to be rich to pay for the very costly treatments in the hospitals.

19. lightsfornight

lightsfornight New Member

Healthy.

I'll just become the rich family's pool boy and hook up with the under-sexed wife who is tired of her obese husband, who is lucky if he can manage half a stiffy.

20. marques

marques New Member

Being rich is an own health plan. If I am rich the stress of worrying about bills will disappears. I could also pay for the best personal fitness trainer. With wealth I can afford the best plastic surgeon. Being rich would be wonderful.

21. Cindy L. Moten

Cindy L. Moten New Member

I would rather choose being healthy over rich; I say this because, in the music industry I am always hearing about some health battle with a singer or actor. They have riches, fortune, and fame but, none of that keeps them here. Hey I struggle with day to day things but, I much rather feel healthy healthy than rich. I can go to the doctor now with the insurance I have and still be happy even though I am not rich.

22. NikkiP

NikkiP New Member

I'd pick health. I have some medical conditions that I'm currently struggling with..and I would rather have an average income than be sick all the time and rich. I think once you actually go through a hard time with you're health, you know nothing compares to having GOOD health!

23. Cindy L. Moten

Cindy L. Moten New Member

I agree with you . And I hope you can find ways to help with what you are struggling with. I Google everything when it comes to medical stuff.

24. penali

penali New Member

There is no doubt about that. I know that money is a big part in our life and you need them so your life can be easier but health is just the most important thing. A healthy person can try to achieve a better life, to create family and have a career. A rich one but not healthy can just be miserable and have private doctors.

25. Bazza

Bazza New Member

That is easily healthy for me. Money has never been a big thing for me, all I want in life is to be a healthy and fit human doing something that I enjoy. The only want I have for money is to have enough for a decent living. I feel there are many people out there that could use the money much better than I and that I so not need money to enjoy myself, in fact the majority of activity's that I do require minimal resources to do. Also it is a very bad thing to rely on money in case you lose it. Then you wouldn't know what to do and would become stressed out having to do more things manually. Also the majority of the people that are helping grow the bad in this world are money driven and are extremely greedy and selfish. To finish it off, the best things in life are free :)

26. Anthony Obijekwu

Anthony Obijekwu New Member

Rich. Money runs the world and there is no way around that unless if you're some type of demi-god.

But honestly, being rich would allow me to become healthy easier.

27. elena veras

elena veras New Member

I would rather be healthy that's a good question.
    I don't think being rich can buy your health what's the point on having so much money and not be healthy, except if you use the money to get help and get back healthy. Rich people who have all that money sometimes can suffer from a serious disease, and no matter how much money they have in their bank account they can't cure themselves. If you are healthy you are happy and you try to work hard a make a decent living. If you are rich and sick you can be one of the most miserable person in this Earth.

28. Kramer

Kramer New Member

I agree with you Yatte, I don't know what ulcerative colitis does but I have psoriasis and I've always known it was an auto-immune disease so a few years back when the medical world actually decided it was I thought they were all geniuses. Ok a little tongue in cheek there but I find that taking the right kind of vitamins help build my immune system and I am healthier than I've ever been - they help your immune system fight back. I've had people and doctors tell me it might be unhealthy but the supplement I use is non-GMO, vegetarian (I eat meat though) and has everything in it.
    I don't know if that can help but for me with what I deal with - it clears my psoriasis up - my doctor recently asked how I did that and I said vitamins - he was shocked.

29. YoureGonnaLoveToday

YoureGonnaLoveToday New Member

For reason I expected to come here and see everyone saying they'd rather be rich. I was so happy to see that wasn't the case, I just feel like there's a lot of people that take their health for granted. I wouldn't trade my health for anything, even if it meant I'd never have any money.

30. Nyanchan

Nyanchan New Member

I would rather be healthy.

Both health and wealth are things that you build up over a life time to enjoy when you are older. For most of us, the stress from work negatively impacts health, while taking time to exercise may lessen income. However, when we are older, unless we are healthy, money is almost useless.

To be rich and sick, one would spend all their wealth on the best medicine. However, how would you enjoy life? You would be in a bed all day long. Although it would be a great bed, I don't think that is living.

On the other hand, being poor and healthy may not allow you to do anything luxurious, but it will still allow you to walk around and communicate with your loved ones. To me, that is what makes life worth it until the very end.