Your best beauty secret?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Kally, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Kally

Kally New Member

What is your best beauty secret, something that is maybe unusual but has helped you?
    Mine is definitely Coconut Oil! I have been using it for a couple of months now to remove make up at night and it makes my skin soft as a babys bum! It has also helped me rid of acne and I swear by it.
    Share your beauty secrets!

Nicoledawn and Makesi like this.
  2. RubyRed78

RubyRed78 New Member

Hey Kally, I love coconut oil, too! I haven't tried it to remove makeup yet, but I love to use it as a moisturizer. I think my beauty secret, although it isn't really a secret is using the Beauty Blender. It makes my foundation or BB cream go on so evenly!

3. badwolfbay

badwolfbay New Member

Coconut oil is amazing! It's actually part of one of my biggest beauty secrets: I mix a bit of coconut oil with sugar and exfoliate my legs before shaving - I've literally never gotten a smoother shave. Just be sure to avoid using expensive razors because wow it's going to clog a lot.

My girlfriend swears by putting a little vanilla extract on her wrists before going out - she smells like a cupcake!

albreeden likes this.
  4. honeyberry

honeyberry New Member

Coconut oil is so useful! It's one of the best moisturizers there is. I don't even use any sort of lotion anymore. Because coconut oil is a little messy by itself, I make my own body butter by mixing coconut oil with mango butter and lemongrass essential oil (for scent). I put it on after every shower. Softest skin ever!

My personal beauty secret is 100% jojoba oil as a facial moisturizer. One 4oz bottle lasts forever. Lately my skin has been dry so instead of using soap I just rinse my face several times with warm water, dab with a towel and rub the jojoba oil in while the skin is a little wet still. Also works great at removing eye makeup just like coconut oil.

1 person likes this.
  5. mlhvista

mlhvista New Member

Witch hazel has been one of my favorite facial toners for a while. I mix that with organic aloe vera juice after using my facial cleanser and my face is radiant and super clean how I like it!

I prefer 100% pure witch hazel because otherwise it contains alcohol. As we know alcohol can be tremendously drying to our delicate facial skin and also pretty abrasive. I find that that when I use it because I wash my face to remove my make up , once I do wash my cleanser a whole lot better! I recommend it to anyone suffering from acne as well as it is a lot gentler than most commercial toners in the market. Extra irritation to someone already afflicted with acne will only exacerbate the condition and actually bring on more acne! Witch hazel has anti-inflammatory properties that are crucial to speeding the healing process.

6. Yeohah

Yeohah New Member

The best beauty secret is a good clean diet. It will keep your bodacious body fit, and your skin glowing. You can only apply so many products and make-up, but if you really want to get a solid foundation of beauty, start from the inside! I personally apply extra virgin olive oil to my face, it helps to reverse aging, fine lines, and restore collagen. It's very gentle and won't clog your pores. Coconut oil is another good choice as others have said. You really should change your diet though! It will end up saving you money, time, and beauty in the end!

Nicoledawn and albreeden like this.
  7. makaya57

makaya57 New Member

Hi Kally!

I have a few, but I had to stop and take time to appreciate how awesome coconut oil is! I use it on my skin, in my food, and on my hair to deep condition the ends. I love it. If I want my skin to be extremely soft, I do dry skin brushing before I take a shower, then coconut oil after. I do that every day while eating a diet of mostly fruits, vegetables, and lean protein. I also drink about an ounce of aloe a day, and a couple of tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar in a tall glass of water. After a week I have the softest skin!

8. captaintechfanatic

captaintechfanatic New Member

I find the best thing I can do to keep looking so damn beautiful day in and day out is to get a full night of restful sleep.

A good night's sleep puts me in a great mood the next day, and I am ready for whatever challenges come at me. When I am well rested, I find my cognition functions at a much higher level and memory and arithmetic problems are much easier to handle.

rmlynch7 likes this.
  9. rmlynch7

rmlynch7 New Member

My best beauty secret is I drink lots of water. I drink several bottles of water every day. My skin is clear and I have found I have headaches much less frequently when my body is well hydrated. I rarely drink anything else. Another very important part of my beauty regimen is getting an adequate amount of sleep each night.

10. Coconut oil is good for dry skin. I use it on my body but not my face, it makes me break out. Now for a beauty secret just for your face: do not use any type of soap! Wash your face in water only. Your skin is acidic and the soap you cleanse with is alkaline. It dries out your skin aging it prematurely.

It must be at least ten years since I have put any type of cleanser on my face. Another great way to beautify your skin is to get in the habit of juicing. Start with fresh apples, carrots, celery and lemon. Within two weeks you should see an awesome face looking back at you in the mirror.

11. diane pawlick

diane pawlick New Member

I have been using Noxema since I was thirteen years old. Being much, much older now I think that all those years of Noxema use and getting enough sleep , have preserved me for the future. Having a sense of humor is also important for beautiful skin. Laughing is the best remedy for a lot of things.

12. shovell22

shovell22 New Member

I recently started using a bb cream, and it might be that or ponds dark spot corrector but my skin has been looking great. less breakouts for me and reduced redness. they were very cheap and worth a try! I also have been using a make up brush when applying a foundation or bb cream. its alot more cleaner then using your hands and helps the foundation sit better on your face which in turns gives you a flawless looking face! : )

13. Furtive

Furtive New Member

My best beauty secret is not a product, it's a lifestyle. I am vegan, slowly but surely transitioning to raw foodist. I don't eat any processed foods or anything synthetic. If you put a glass of Coca Cola in front of me, I would not be able to drink it. I drink a lot of pure water, I spend a lot of time in Nature. I have thrown away my tv years ago, I only watch what I choose to on my computer. I listen to music only when I feel like it or want to hear something specific, never as a background. I enjoy spending a lot of time in silence, reading, or simply contemplating and reflecting. I also meditate. I don't know what "feeling alone" means. I have also done everything possible to simplify and declutter my life, I have donated everything that I would not immediately use, or the clothes I felt less than fabulous in. I understand that it may sound strange, but all this has had a tremendous effect on my physical appearance, it has taken years off my face, I feel an energy I never knew before, my skin is glowing and the smile on my face is contagious. I feel light as a feather, I have dropped 50 pounds very slowly, only by switching to natural products. I am tall, slim and confident, and this makes me feel good, which is very much visible to everyone. And I think that this peaceful glow from within is what people perceive as beautiful.

Nicoledawn likes this.
  14. daisyflower

daisyflower New Member

My best beauty secret has been apple cider vinegar. I measure one part apple cider vinegar with two parts water and use it as a toner for my face. The apple cider vinegar is suppose to help balance out the pH of your skin. I also use it on my scalp to help with psoriasis. I use the same apple cider vinegar to water ratio and use a spray bottle to cover my scalp with it. I let it sit for about 30 minutes and then wash out in the shower. It is amazing at getting rid of all the build up! There are also many health benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar. All you need to do is add one teaspoonful to a glass of water or sparkling water.

safetydancepants likes this.
  15. JaydonTyler

JaydonTyler New Member

A tip that has been in my family for generation is fasting. When your body goes long periods without food it feeds off of the unhealthy cells first. This is why when you are sick you are never too hungry.
    Fasting is great addition to go along with a healthy diet. It cleanses the body.

16. AmYy

AmYy New Member

I have a couple of beauty secrets that I'm going to share with you. First of all and, according to my opinion, the most important one is a good sleep. It makes me really fresh and I have noticed that my skin looks the best in the mornings. Also I found out last year that olive oil helps me moisturize my skin and hair better than any body lotion or hair conditioner. So, before taking a shower, I usually put it all over me and let it absorb and do its goods to me, and after that I do my regular routine in the shower. The last one, but not the least important one is a good foundation. Since I have found my perfect foundation, I frequently get a lot of compliments and I'm really happy about it. Also, a little bit of peachy blush gives me nice and fresh look.

esanwaterman and JaydonTyler like this.
  17. Island

Island New Member

This is odd, but trust me EVERYONE complements me on my complexion...a painted pumice stone. I use a natural face wash and then use a painted pumice stone to exfoliate. Now I say painted because it is less harsh than a regular pumice stone. As always use it LIGHTLY regardless. I have been doing this since early high school after I started that awkward skin phase that we all went through.

18. thedirewolf

thedirewolf New Member

I feel that a few years ago my answer might be a little more novel, but folks have been catching on.......coconut oil!! That's the best beauty secret I can offer. It not only smells amazing, but I love the way it feels slathered all over my skin. At first it will look and feel very greasy, but it absorbs into your skin very quickly. I put it on at night, mostly. It's great for dry skin and doubles as a face cream! You can also cook with it and use it as hair conditioner. My hair stylist told me it is the only oil that penetrates the hair follicle. (I'm not sure if this is true, but it sounds good to me!!)

19. emmygrace

emmygrace New Member

Best beauty secret is to smile. A smiling individual always looks more friendly and beautiful than any other expression. I've found that my skin glows when I drink the recommended amount of water. When I am drinking a lot of water I am more health conscious about what I am eating, which adds to the glow.

albreeden likes this.
  20. rainbou

rainbou New Member

I use the oil cleansing method to clean my face. Commercial cleansers were just too harsh on my skin; even the gentle ones. It took me a long time to find the right oil for my skin, but I've finally settled on hemp oil. It doesn't make my face too oily or too dry! Some oils can actually dry out your skin; isn't that weird? Castor oil dried out my skin. Even though jojoba oil is commonly touted as the most common oil for cleansing, it clogged my pores like crazy! It really comes down to your skin makeup, so if you want to try the oil cleansing method, be prepared for a lot of trial and error.

I also use hemp oil to take off my makeup.

21. Cza1220

Cza1220 New Member

My best beauty secret is probably making my own beauty products. It's fun and I know that all the ingredients are safe and natural. One of my favorite DIY beauty product is the brown sugar and olive oil scrub. I combine 1 part oil to 2 parts sugar and I sometimes add a few drops of aromatic oil in it as well. I lightly scrub my body with this product and leave it on for at least 5 minutes to allow the oil to soften and moisturize my skin. When rinsing, I make sure to use mild soap and warm water so it doesn't dry out my skin. Try also rinsing out the scrub without the soap to achieve that naturally glowing skin.

22. Bonnie Pollard

Bonnie Pollard New Member

I have a beauty secret that is inexpensive and easy to use! One part Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother, mixed with three parts water, put in a small spray bottle. Spray a cotton ball until soaked, then use as a facial toner. This will not only kill bacteria, but also makes your skin very soft! You can also use this potion as a foot soak, of course in bigger proportions. I stumbled upon this totally by accident as I was soaking my dog in a similar solution to get rid of fleas! I had my feet I the tub with my dog, and as I towel dried my dog, I reached to dry my feet and found they were the softest I have ever felt them.

23. KittyKat11

KittyKat11 New Member

I use a couple beauty secrets but my favorite one thus far is a face mask created with natural ingredients. I take uncooked oatmeal and grind it until it is mostly powder. I add some honey and a little bit of 100% olive oil. I heat it up in the microwave for 10 seconds (just enough to make it warm, not hot!) and I put it on my face for an hour. It cleans out my pores so my face looks so clean. This also makes my skin so soft and it glows! I do it once a week and you can see the wonderful results right away.

24. I am in complete agreement with you. Coconut oil is a gem for me. I use it on my hair, my skin and even in my coffee. I used to have a really uneven skin tone until I started using coconut oil as a moisturiser. The fact that it has a really light consistency prevents me from getting acne breakouts. After about a month, I started getting complements on my complexion. I am naturally dark skinned and a lady once told me that my skin was glowing :). I use it to remove my make up in the evenings and rub a little bit of it in my hair each morning for an extra shine.

25. Mylene

Mylene New Member

The best beauty secrets for me are as follows: drinking lots of water everyday, having a good sleep, exercise, proper diet and using organic products.

26. marlis

marlis Member

My beauty secret is simple. Natural raw food! Did you know you can mix your raw food with some natural spices to address a specific need at home by yourself? For example you can make a tomato mask, carrot and cucumber mask or make a face scrub with natural honey and nutmeg to eliminate acne? Natural foods and some spices like a mixture of lemon, mint, pepper and honey in lukewarm water serve as a weight loss recipe. I found out that you can switch ingredients to address a problem maybe acne, dry hair or even dry cracked feet.

27. Elif

Elif New Member

My best beauty secret is running and doing a lot of exercises together with my team.We work hard in winter to make our body fit for summer . Training makes you look gorgeous.

28. 090208

090208 New Member

My best beauty secret is aloe vera gel! I rub it on my face every night. It cools and calms your face after a hectic day. It's natural and it's pretty cheap. Good for acne=prone skin as well.

29. Renee B.

Renee B. New Member

I'd have to say carrot juice, skin vitamins, and tons of green tea in moments of desperation to ward off an impending breakout or to heal one faster. These help give the skin a glow that can be seen almost the same day, and it speeds recovery. I do have my holy grail beauty products but there is only so much you can do.

30. ms.elleMentry

ms.elleMentry New Member

The reason that a lot of girls uses body oils or moisturisers is because it can make our skin smooth and supple. But what can be the reason of having dry skin? Our skin needs rehydration to keep it looking healthy and that is achievable if we will break the habit of depriving ourselves of the required volume of water that our body needs. Yes, its not just our skin that will benefit but all the organs in the body that needs to be taken cared of, you can't be beautiful if you're feeling sick (that's how it feels when the body is dehydrated right?). So let's go back to the basics first before we can explore other options.