Your best beauty secret?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Kally, Apr 14, 2014.

1. xeylonportal

xeylonportal New Member

Bodily and facial beauty has everything to do with health and as I can assure you, take care of your health and you shall be beautiful. The natural is the ultimate key to beauty and therefore you should take time aligning your general life towards the natural. If you would like to be radiant in appearance, you need to take clean and good natural foods cooked in the right way, you need to drink lots of clean water, you need to allocate a few hours of your day to bodily exercise. Exercise will tone you up and down while shaping and firming your body. You need some emotional therapy such as attending a comedy show to laugh out loud, or some yoga to keep you fit mentally and spiritually and lastly, do what you love in life to give you vitality in the soul. You will steadily and surely become beautiful beyond what you can imagine. Those around you will begin to notice.

2. Daniesneed

Daniesneed New Member

I love coconut oil, it is really amazing. I make my own sugar scrub using coconut oil. Also, I use coconut oil to remove my makeup, it doesn't make my face feel sticky and weighed down one bit. I also let me 15 y/o daughter use it to help with her acne, and that my friends works wonders!

3. audra padilla

audra padilla New Member

My best beauty secret would be homemade sugar scrub. I use it to exfoliate my face and other areas of my body. After I use it I immediately feel a difference in how smooth my face is.

4. saammeerraa

saammeerraa New Member

My skin is really oily so I my best beauty tip is just using a facial wash. Clean and Clear, and it really did make my face, clean and clear.

5. Kaycee

Kaycee New Member

I have a couple that I love! I use coconut oil for sunburns and as a moisturizer. I tried it in my hair but it left it greasy. Won't be doing that again! And I love natural charcoal for my face. It leaves my face feeling fresh, clean, tingly and my pores are so small!!

6. jessical21

jessical21 New Member

Kally, have you tried coconut oil to whiten your teeth? Coconut oil is great for a variety of things. It's a healthy fat for consumption, along with an excellent beauty product. My secret to white teeth is coconut oil! You have to keep it at a cooler temperature otherwise it turns to a liquid. In the summer I usually store mine in the fridge. Every morning before I brush my teeth, I swoosh 1 tablespoon of coconut oil for thirty minutes. I know it sounds like a long time, but if you put it in your mouth when you wake up, by the time you are done showering and blow drying your hair the time is up. It is important that you spit out the oil into the trash. If you spit it down the drain it could solidify and clog your drain. Once I am done swishing with mouth wash, I brush my teeth like normal. After only one week I noticed a difference! The theory is that coconut oil pulls the toxins off of your teeth, which stains your teeth. If you haven't tried this yet, you should definitely try it for a brighter smile. :)

7. Leola B

Leola B New Member

I have one beauty secret to share that has always worked like a charm:

1. At night, slather a layer of Vaseline on your lips. In the morning, brush your lips gently with a soft toothbrush and all the dry skin will come off. Your lips will be as soft as baby skin.

8. Ank_crit

Ank_crit New Member

i use lemon to rub on my face which works as a bleach.
    i also use rose water to keep my skin look healthy...
    go natural.....!!!!

9. Cherriebomb

Cherriebomb New Member

I would say my unusaul beauty tip would be a face mask that i use every week , that's made out of clay and rose water , it clears the face from spots, marks ,acne .. After that i use argan oil to smoothen my face at home but when i want to go out i wash my face with a organic soap that doesn't contain chemical's.

10. MamoniPurkayastha

MamoniPurkayastha New Member

My best beauty secret is drinking plenty of water! I believe, this is the best way of maintaining your beauty and youth. Water makes the skin radiant and increases the facial glow. I drink a glassful of water early in the morning, empty stomach. I take one more glass of water half an hour before each meal time. It improves the bowel motility and aids in proper digestion. A healthy digestive system helps in improving the skin texture.

11. Ankisha

Ankisha New Member

I totally agree, coconut oil is the best remedy for dry and rough skin. I apply coconut oil all over my body after taking a hot shower. It feels heavenly and my skin becomes as soft as a feather, okay, not as soft as feathers, but softer than before. In fact, it's not a beauty secret anymore. Benefits of using coconut oil are evident since ages. It's like a grandma beauty advice.

12. Kears10mango

Kears10mango New Member

I think my best beauty secret would be Vaseline. I absolutely love the stuff. The most common place I apply it is my lips. It gives my lips a glossy look without feeling sticky. It also hydrates my lips and keeps them smooth. When I am going out, I apply Vaseline to my cheekbones which highlights them by adding shine. Careful though, to much Vaseline makes you look greasy and may cause you to break out if you already have oily skin.

13. RaritySpring

RaritySpring New Member

Raw honey! My skin is very tempermental and I break out at the slightest change in the weather. Raw honey helps with that. I wash my face with it, using my fingertips, and then I follow up by putting some on a washcloth and scrubbing my face. Keeps my skin pretty and smooth, no matter the weather.

14. mild_peril

mild_peril New Member

Another coconut oil fan here.

I actually find that using it just after a shave works wonders, as I can sometimes get a bit of a rash on my neck immediately after a wet shave, but using a bit of coconut oil just soothes it nicely.

Not sure if this is on the list or not, but I like to use cider vinegar. A tablespoon in a glass of tepid water first thing in the morning, before you take anything else, and it really gives you a kick-start to the day. It's also known for diminishing scars too, which I guess falls in to a 'beauty secret'.

15. SomeReader

SomeReader New Member

I have heard of Coconut Oil as a facial oil for acne, but I'm so skeptical especially because it is an oil and acne is usually caused by the massive amount of oil on one's face.

My best beauty secret, although it might not be a secret anymore is one recommended by my grnadma. She suggested to get a tiny spray bottle, place some sea salt crystals in it, and then fill it to the top with lukewarm water in order to dissolve the sea salt in and shake it for an even concentration. It worked wonders on my acne prone skin! I think it is because it really sucks the oily particles out your skin, which isn't necessarily good, so I put some moisturizer as soon as I wake up and wash my face the next morning.

Along with this, however, I place a genuine amount of toothpaste on a cotton swab and dab it on a pimple to reduce redness and its size. Occasionally, I'd sleep with this and it really helps!

16. SterlingJay0123

SterlingJay0123 New Member

I condition my hair, wash it, then condition it again. The extra conditioner really helps since my hair tends to naturally be a little drier and more frizzy. I also like to use cooler water to rinse, which is a pain when showering, but I just finish washing, then right before I get out I lean over and rinse it out really quick so it's not that cold that long. :) My hair stays pretty soft because of it. :D

17. Remollino1022

Remollino1022 New Member

I love coconut oil too! It is an amazing "do it all" product. I try to stay as natural as possible, using coconut oil to remove makeup, but my biggest secret is vitamin c serum. I don't have a specific one I use, I bounce between products, but I try to choose ones with natural ingredients in them, like jojoba oil. It's really made a difference in my skin and I really don't need foundation anymore but still wear it because I love makeup!

18. NARPhilly

NARPhilly New Member

I wear sunscreen every day of the year. In addition to all of the skin cancer-prevention benefits from wearing sunscreen when I'm spending a lot of time outside on sunny days, wearing a sunscreen at least on my face on every other day of the year protects my skin from the aging effects of UV light exposure. I've been following this habit since my early 20's, and at 32, I still have wonderfully youthful and wrinkle-free skin!

19. EnderX88

EnderX88 New Member

Great idea using coconut oil!
    I actually try not to wear as much make up. I love the idea of going all natural.
    When I do wear make up, I try to get the natural beauty brands which consist of no gluten or preservatives.
    Though, one of the cons with natural make up is that it washes off easy. If it happens to rain or if you get teary, the make up will automatically wash off.
    Other methods I use to keep my skin clean is by drinking a good amount of water and green tea. I also wash my face only with water.

20. varun2002

varun2002 New Member

My beauty secret is Lemon water which makes me feel comfortable all day long. I usually drink Lemon water in morning because it makes my skin look more healthy and young all day long. Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies. It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. I usually drink Lemon water 2 times a day.

21. senelthyn

senelthyn New Member

Coconut oil gives me pimples! I tried aloe vera with tea tree essential oil and it works perfectly

22. mellisasays

mellisasays New Member

My best beauty secrets may not be your typical or topical solution, but they are what works the best for me. My number one beauty secret is an attitude of gratitude. By starting and ending my day with thoughts of thankfulness, I find my stress level is not as easily raised. And stress has got to be the number way to age fast.

My second beauty secret is sleep and hydration. During the different seasons of my life, these two elements were seriously neglected, but at this point in my life I am able to implement them more readily and regularly.

23. Mads Long

Mads Long New Member

Water! Lots and lots of water! I'm only 15 but I have never had any skin issues and I swear it's because I drink so much water each day. I have a cup that I refill at least 7 times a day. Sometimes more if I have dance practice. I also get plenty of sleep and that is so important.

24. asbm

asbm New Member

I know that lately there are more ways to get a beauty care.
    Mine is everyday I woke up early before 6 a.m and drinks a glass of plain water.
    And yet until now , my face is certainly clear from pimples and acne.

25. HipsterPaige

HipsterPaige New Member

My favorite beauty secret is Witch Hazel! It is literally like miracle water! I use it every single night by applying it onto a cotton pad and gently rubbing it onto my face. When I say that my skin has cleared up so much, I am not kidding! I recommend this to anyone who is suffering with mild acne. I personally never had severe acne, so I am not sure if you would get amazing results if you have severe acne. Witch Hazel is amazing!

26. Tracey Hash

Tracey Hash New Member

At age 36, I recently decided that I need to start a wrinkle cream or face cream regiment asap if I wanted to not look like a washes up raisen in the next 5 years. I have never been one for putting anything on my face other than lotion before my foundation. Recently I found a Pinterest post of a DIY wrinkle cream using essential oils of lemon, lavendar, and frankincense oil mixed with vitamin e, coconut oil and Shea butter. For about 10 days I have used this concoction I cooked up in my kitchen. I have to say my skin is glowing. I have no more dark circles under my eyes. I even have my wrinkles fading away!

27. Gloria Johnson

Gloria Johnson New Member

Best way to healthy glowing skin is a diet that contains mostly vegetables and fruits. Nivea creme is a good moisturizer for daily use. I also use cocoa butter and shea butter. I also believe in drinking aloe, Makaya57. That's my secret to soft skin and a youthful appearance. Aloe is an ancient plant. It has been revered for its beauty and healing properties. It heals scars and gives the skin a healthy glow. I would recommend adding aloe to your diet for a beautiful complextion. As for skin applications, cocoa butter, Nivea and whatever skin product agrees with your skin type. But, the best beauty secret of all is a smile.

28. lendahandyu

lendahandyu New Member

My best beauty secret is an ancient Asian secret exfoliating body washcloth. It comes in usually red or green with a rough surface to really get the dead skin off, especially heels, knees and elbows. It invigorates the surface of the skin, so you have to be careful if you are sensitive, as it has a mild abrasive texture. They cost usually less than $10 at an Asian market or online, but last a year. They're easy to use too because they aren't thick or on a handle brush. The long ones are especially convenient for the back!
    [​IMG]

albreeden likes this.
  29. Fortis15

Fortis15 New Member

The best beauty products I've ever used is pure, organic Argan Oil. This oil can really make your skin smooth, help you get rid of stretch marks, prevent wrinkles, treat mild acne. It is a great hair styling agent too! I usually rub a small amount of Argan oil into my palms and work it through my hair which then looks healthy and shiny. It is also a fantastic natural treatment for your cuticles especially if they feel weak. A few drops go a long way, you don't need much for your daily beauty routine.

30. albreeden

albreeden New Member

All of these posts about laughing and smiling being the best beauty secret are right. A happy person is a beautiful person.

With that being said, I personally enjoy Vitamin E oil as a facial moisturizer. I have yet to try coconut oil, but did purchase some yesterday for the same reason. In the winter my face gets very dry and chapped, causing itching and redness - I can usually avoid it with the Vitamin E oil. I also avoid makeup and instead opt for a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream.