Youtube or Tv ?

Discussion in 'Television' started by Gempot, Jun 3, 2018.

1. leodavid09

leodavid09 Member

YouTube... some of us have a very busy lifestyle, so it is possible to miss some of your fave TV shows. Good thing we have some ways to watch them in your most convenient time. One of them is YouTube. Besides, there are information on YouTube which aren't available on TV.

2. Michael07

Michael07 Member

If I were to select between Youtube and Television, I choose Youtube. What you can watch on television, you can also watch now on youtube. Besides that, we can search for any videos that we want to see through youtube that we cannot see on television. We can watch any kind of videos on youtube anytime and we repeat it how many times we want to. Unlike television, we can only watch a video on a specific day and time. So youtube is more convenient than television.

3. Hanna08

Hanna08 New Member

I don't watch on TV because I prefer youtube. When I don't know the start of the movie, I'll find it on youtube to watch it again

4. mariebernadette

mariebernadette New Member

For the past couple of years, I've been into YouTube. Even if the television is turned on, I am still glued into watching YouTube and constantly looking for something new to watch, may it be reviews of certain products, or just random informative or funny videos. Sometimes, when I want to research about something, other than searching it on Google, I also look into YouTube. There are far more interesting things available in YouTube compared to what is being aired in the television nowadays.

5. andalocjn12

andalocjn12 New Member

I prefer Youtube because nowadays some TV shows are uploaded to Youtube for good. Youtubers, bloggers (vloggers) and other social media personnels are considered as the new media. For me Youtube is more convenient because you can replay and watch shows at your own own time.

6. kuik

kuik New Member

I don't even own a TV anymore. I'm watching TV only when I'm in my parents house. It's much easier to use YT for all you need to watch and listen.

7. pceug17

pceug17 Member

I spend more of my watching time on Youtube because its more convenient; you can pause the show, you can watch it offline (anytime/anywhere), and you can skip the boring parts. You can also engage to discussion on the comment section. You can give your feedback right away. The only downside is it contains disruptive ads.

I only watch news and noon time variety shows on our TV. Because tv shows here in our country either have a cliche plot. Some are just copied concept from international shows. Some have low quality special effects.

8. joanbuslon

joanbuslon Member

There is a difference between Youtube and Tv, but nowadays I prefer Youtube since I like watching Kdrama than the regular telenovela streaming on television. I also learn a lot from watching Youtube. So, for now, I choose Youtube.

9. rickyfax

rickyfax Member

Youtube, because you can have different access while TV is exclusive only to the network. Every video that plays on the TV will then be uploaded in the youtube.

10. nphylnspn

nphylnspn New Member

I prefer YouTube because I can choose what I want to watch. Because in television I can also choose but it's limited.

11. AlphaJD007

AlphaJD007 New Member

Now a days You tube is much more convenient in terms of watching since you can save clips, music videos, movie, etc. that you want to see in your free time. additional to that you can use it as your platform for you to be able to share, express and say your thoughts, talents and maybe become famous. I still sometimes Watch TV specially News and Variety shows but then again if I missed it out my favorite program on TV I can still look for it in YouTube.

12. Jonasaguilar

Jonasaguilar Member

For me it depends on the type of the TV if we are talking about smart Tv here i will choose the smart Tv because it means i will still be able to access youtube.

13. nrdsantos

nrdsantos New Member

Youtube is winning that battle. My TV set is almost exclusively used with Netflix and Streaming. The common tv channels are a thing of the past.

14. ledesiigner

ledesiigner New Member

For me definitely YouTube. On YouTube, viewers get a vast directory of videos to choose from. It’s basically a television network where they can dictate the schedule. They can discover niche shows that would never get aired on standard television channels. And they find something new to watch every day of the week. Sure, shows like Game of Thrones and other paid series are off limits. But YouTube viewers instead have access to a never-ending database of published and user-generated content.

15. Israelwalex

Israelwalex New Member

Youtube all the way. You can easily search for anything you want to watch, anytime, anywhere.

16. Makinaru

Makinaru New Member

Definitely it's YouTube because I don't have any television on my house and another thing that is good with YouTube is that you can easily search for the video that you want to watch.

17. kmbrlymd

kmbrlymd New Member

If you don’t have access on the internet, then TV of course because you can watch live News and TV series unlike in YouTube you can only watch video clips.

18. stoxinc

stoxinc New Member

Ill choose youtube over the television at any time because
    1. You get to choose when you want to watch what and you dont have to wait till its aired,
    2. You can watch anything you want to provided it is widely accepted as appropriate for the world to view,
    3. Theres absolutely no limit to what content you can get

19. AlienOcean

AlienOcean New Member

Youtube and Netflix, tv has got too much ads. Movies start at 9.45 pm and end at almost 12 am.
    I have to wake up at 6 in the morning so I'd rather choose a movie at 8.30 pm and go to sleep by 10 pm or go to bed, watch some asmr videos and fall asleep to them.

20. aytee

aytee New Member

Television is my preference. I like to save cost by saving my data subscription for other things on net. Looking at it TV does not require data

21. Polite

Polite New Member

Youtube allows me to watch whatever I want, wherever I want to. I thinks it more convenient and has less commercials.
    Tv has lost its power because youtube also allows people to discuss the content and gives access to a whole community you can connect with. This in combination with the ability for anyone to create a youtube account and become succesfull makes it hard to compete with.

22. lilshasha

lilshasha New Member

You can learn a lot of things on Youtube. Like for example, you want to learn how to cook pasta. You just type and search it. If you are bored, you can search funny things. If you want to see the latest movie trailer. If you want to learn how to speak French. If you want to know the Filipino culture. You can search a lot of things. There are choices to choose. We can get paid by making videos on Youtube. Make a good content. Like TV, there is also an advertisement on Youtube. The advantage of watching TV is no loading and lagging while Youtube needs a strong internet connection.

23. claraysabel

claraysabel New Member

I prefer Youtube because it's much quicker to access than TV. I can watch my favorite Youtubers wherever I am as long as I have an internet connection.

I am obsessed with Youtube because it keeps me up to date with the latest trends. Although I still watch TV from time to time, I prefer watching Youtube.

24. jcosmos

jcosmos New Member

YouTube because TV, if not On-Demand or Xfinity, DVR, then you have to have a TV Guide booklet essentially! Remember those? Jokes, but lately, I've been interested in certain podcasts and radio shows that have not found a way to TV yet. I haven't watched TV since around 2012, but enjoy YouTube and Netflix. A better question too, would be if somebody prefers Netflix over YouTube! In that debate, I feel like YouTube has a wider variety of content to choose from. YouTube also has the capability to outdo TV, it just hasn't happened yet. There's YouTube TV, as well as Premium, movies, etc. YouTube I believe is more powerful than Netflix and it has the capability to also outdo Netflix with YouTube Premium. That is just my opinion.

25. michpiong

michpiong Member

I love watching TV shows and YouTube videos, but I will choose YouTube than television. In YouTube, there's so much videos you can watch, you can watch it full, or in series. But in television, you will wait for another day for the next episode of the show. While in YouTube, you cannot just watch, but you can also learn by watching learning and tips videos in there.

26. kianluis

kianluis New Member

Lately, youtube. The thing with television is that it is extremely limited in content. With youtube, there are a variety of content freely available to you on your own time. Of course, the quality may vary but the range and breadth of available topics is only limited by the willingness of the people who make content.

I do think that television still works the way it is right now. It is offering entertainment the traditional way by giving a platform for more focused productions. However, as resources begin to pour in to youtube content, we might see equally produced and even better in quality shows on youtube than there is on television.

27. jm32913

jm32913 New Member

Of course youtube theres a lot of different between youtube and tv

28. BIG01

BIG01 New Member

YouTube, because in YouTube I can watch any thing which I want to see, also different carriers are founded example. Information about sports, music, movies

29. moneymakingpablo

moneymakingpablo New Member

Youtube is generally better because it's free to use and you dont have monthly bills to pay. And unlike TV , with Youtube you can watch what you want , when you want. You can use it on several devices and its not limited to just your living room or where you have the TV. Youtube content is endless and can keep you captivated for days.

30. nunox33

nunox33 New Member

Well, I would definitely say YouTube not just because I'm a millennial and we are all used to the internet being a huge part of our daily routine but also because its a great source of information.
    Like I wouldn't even know about Postloop and how you can earn money here. Television can give you good information but for me personally, YouTube is giving me much better and relevant info about the things I like or need.