Youtube or Tv ?

Discussion in 'Television' started by Gempot, Jun 3, 2018.

1. mclynn

mclynn New Member

I rather YouTube than TV because for 1 youtube is free and 2 you can literally find anything you want or need on it!

2. doohac

doohac New Member

I always go for Youtube! I don't think I even watch tv anymore. I love youtube because you can filter your interest, and you get to watch what catch your interests without unnecessary shows. Ads are getting quite annoying though

3. Georgeliner

Georgeliner Member

I like yuotube because it exposes me to money making platforms,get skills on how to Forex trade and so far i have gotten a lot skills .Am implementing the skills one by one afterwards i know my life will be changed .

4. zmdg27

zmdg27 New Member

Lately, I've been watching more of Youtube and less television. I feel like I learn a lot more on Youtube than on tv.

5. rvtamayo

rvtamayo Member

I couldn't watch tv anymore. But I do open my tv before I go to sleep because I couldn't sleep if I am not hearing anything. I do watch a lot of youtube videos and spend plenty of time researching contents.

6. breego

breego New Member

As time is going by it's becoming more and more youtube. The variety of content alone rivals anything on TV. In fact, many times I'm mentioning TV in a conversation, I really mean youtube or some other streaming service. And for me and I'm sure for many other people it's also a good source of educational material. Channels like Khan Academy, Sci Show, Vsauce, Smarter Everyday, Veritasium, 3Blue1brown, etc are fantastic!
    Not to mention the ability to upload and monetize you own content and having interaction with other content creators is great. So, yeah...youtube for the most part for me.

7. JAO022

JAO022 New Member

YouTube me because you have to choose your friends and you have so many choices here. on TV they are exiting the series here. that you can not sometimes watch YouTube replies

8. Kabi

Kabi New Member

Basically both, if I only have 30 minutes of free time on my hands I'll go with youtube, if I have the whole evening off and wanna grab couple of beers I usually just watch the TV.

9. joanarc321

joanarc321 Member

I would prefer YouTube. I can watch anything anytime and anywhere. I can watch on different movies, TV series, product reviews, music trends and so many more. Unlike TV when you are only limited to watching what is aired. In YouTube, you have many choices based on what you wanted to watch.

10. Joel2019

Joel2019 Member

In my case today, I am a bed spacer and there is no television here so I am more comfortable using youtube to both entertainment and knowledge.

11. kennanpnt

kennanpnt New Member

To answer would depend on which aspect one wants to consider upon choosing. I think this is a good question that could be elaborated into a 500-800 word feature article. One could address this question as either a creator or a consumer. Those who create content either for TV or YT would most probably consider the statistics on the audience reach of a good old TV set compared to those who have access on the internet. And this would vary across different state economies. The economic status of the individual consumers diversifies the choice on the receiving end of creating content.

12. Pranjal07

Pranjal07 New Member

I think YouTube is far ahead in this battle. The advantage of YouTube is it provides control to the user, you can watch whatever you like. But on the counter side, in TV its all scheduled beforehand. The user have no choice in selection of time and place. Time is the most important factor in today's fast moving world, so in YouTube only you can get a option of what to watch and when.

13. jadi125

jadi125 New Member

Youtube beacause u can watch your favourite shows when you want. Youtube gives u more information and entertainment than TV. I love to watch my favourite horror shows on Youtube.

14. Sonya L Walls

Sonya L Walls Member

YouTube is much better for those that choose to work from home. I think that you can keep a consistent flow with the material that you are working on by taking breaks during your work schedule. However, you shouldn't get too caught up on watching YouTube all the time. For some people, it's difficult to balance working and watching YouTube. But if you choose to listen to jazz on YouTube, your work will improve. I have had the pleasure of working from home for the past 2 years. I find it interesting that television will take up more of your time than a small clip on YouTube. Those videos may last up to 30 minutes unless you end up paying for a movie. In reality, you can pay for what you want to watch and save money. It's better than having an outstanding cable bill that you have to pay every month. You can simply pay for the Internet and still be entertainment all day long.

I love to see different clips of dancers and actors. It's a cool trend to see what they are working on. I don't have to watch YouTube to find that out. In some cases, you can find out information on Yahoo or Gmail. They usually have posts and articles about artists and actors. It's really up to you to find your way to balance being entertained with work. As long as there is no interference, you should be okay with YouTube. I would bet you that YouTube has more viewers than those cable watchers.

On the other hand, there may be days where you don't want to watch the entire movie. You can simply go to YouTube and watch your favorite part of the movie. I have done that plenty of times. It's better for those who are self-employed. I would vote to keep YouTube in the number one spot. You can always see clips of what is shown on television by watching those short videos. There may be instances where you are discussing certain parts of a movie with your friends and family. If you go to YouTube, you can find those clips right away. Television doesn't allow you to do that at all.

15. Swaggy890

Swaggy890 New Member

Youtube in my opinion gives you a range of range of categories to choose from therefore you can basically watch what you want at anytime.

16. yacinezahi

yacinezahi New Member

youtube is better because my tube so i choose what can i want.:):):):)

17. Alala

Alala New Member

YouTube is infinitely more useful. You can get exactly what you want when you want it. Its basically free, the choices are endless, there is less advertising, and you can actually get some useful content rather than just mindlessly watching something because "it's what's on now."

18. idking212

idking212 Member

youtube, there you can learn things by watching things that you choose what to learn, T.V it is only for fun and contains things that usually will not help you

19. Icyflame

Icyflame New Member

Its been a whole year since my TV spoilt. Therefore I don't have a habit of watching TV, so after that, I started watching videos on YouTube and it turned out to be fun and interesting.

20. mohab120

mohab120 New Member

i love to watch anything i want on youtube because no ads on it

21. mimie125

mimie125 Member

Television for me! although i like the youtube channel but i think it is limited to watch some movies their, so i prefer the TV, I have a existing cable subscription so i love my TV i can watch HD movie channels that me and my family can enjoy. We love watching in our television most of the time at weekend. :thumbsup:

22. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

I prefer both. Both youtube and television benefited me in many ways. In youtube, I can watch videos such as motivational videos, tutorial videos, sports replays, and many more. I love youtube it helped me gather informations that will drastically change my life. In television, this is where I watch news with my family and while watching television with my family, we have a chance of family gathering and we have a chance to bond with each other. Both youtube and television will help us in some ways. :)

23. moemen55

moemen55 Member

If you love the control. YouTube will get you. If you busy pick a tv.

24. sheennayu

sheennayu New Member

i prefer youtube because i do have lots of choices what i want to watch, who will i watch or what topic or events that i want to watch and even listening to music

25. Aviecells

Aviecells Member

You tube for me here. Honestly I don't really watch tv that much. The information that you can get from the television is very minimal. Most of the programs also are not realistic and low qualty. But i'm not saying that youtube content creators have the highest quality to offer, it's just that they are more informative, realistic and enjoyable to watch.

26. taylorstuckey

taylorstuckey New Member

Personally, I like both. But at the moment, I tend to watch more YouTube just because it's more convenient, and there are a lot of creators on the platform whose content I enjoy. However, I do like TV as well. But for TV, I tend to prefer watching it in the background while doing another mundane task (like cleaning, homework, etc.). For some reason, I can't seem to just sit down and watch a show without doing something else at the same time, so I guess that's a drawback about TV for me.

27. milkyways

milkyways New Member

I prefer Youtube though. I can watch Youtube anywhere and anytime I want. I don't watch TV anymore. I actually stopped watching TV a long time ago, I forgot when. I don't even have TV at my room anymore :laugh:

28. gcm2455

gcm2455 Member

TV and YouTube both have their advantages and disadvantages. If you intend to know the latest information about happenings, the weather, and the political issues around, then you need TV. You can do other tasks as you view shows on TV. But then, you cannot immediately re-view the shows you viewed, unless you dig into the archives of news channels. If you want to know things more deeply or study more about concepts, processes or just anything under the sun, then YouTube is what you need. However, you must concentrate on viewing, or else, you will miss important points shown on videos.

29. vincedprince

vincedprince Member

YouTube performs better than TV Now. A couple of channels are on DirectTVNow not on YouTubeTV. Hallmark and OAN. YouTube handles local stations better and has great sports coverage. I counted 8-9 different college football games on at once last Saturday. That's sports bar coverage.

30. hlabajosa1966

hlabajosa1966 Member

I prefer YouTube, It has become a better source of entertainment and social influence worldwide. The diversity within the platform is amazing. You can watch favorite channels and categories anywhere anytime. It guides those who need extra income thru vlogging, working online jobs.