Youtube or Tv ?

Discussion in 'Television' started by Gempot, Jun 3, 2018.

1. cozyfish

cozyfish New Member

I'll pick Youtube any time over TV. I find flipping over the channels aimlessly is a boring thing. While in Youtube, you type in what you want to watch or listen to and then enjoy. Youtube simplicity and convenience makes it superior over TV.

2. jadi007

jadi007 New Member

I will go with Youtube because the entertainment u get from youtube is unlimited. In youtube it is a much bigger world than the television. I personally prefer youtube for my favorite shows because in television there are too many ads that's bore me.
    I used youtube more than television. Every day i saw all my talk shows and horror shows on youtube. Youtube has bigger audience than television.

3. Jaaypee

Jaaypee Member

Life gets better and easier today. And for people who wants to enjoy the entertainment show, I'm pretty sure that even the old ones will definitely choose to watch it on Youtube. This site has no limitations that even recent movies, tv shows, anime, series, and more are here! How could you help yourself but to stream all day long on youtube and enjoy the unlimited access of your internet.

4. aditya8485

aditya8485 Member

Well both Tv and Youtube are important in my life. In the past i used to watch Tv hours together but nowadays prefer Youtube more than Tv because there are a lot of advertisements shown on tv, whereas in youtube the ads percentage is much less and time saving and we can watch and learn a wide variety of programmes on youtube at our convenient time.

5. ncwask

ncwask New Member

There are perks for both.
    I do find myself watching YouTube more, only because we can really decide what content we want. I also believe that there is something more connecting when we watch relatable creators. People who are just like us, and not glamorous actors playing people. YouTube has days upon days of content in any subject you can hope for. It's easy to find something to connect to, learn from, be irate about. It's endless.
    TV however is polished, and it's easy to escape in. We find ourself hooked on stories like Game of Thrones, True Detective, or The Jinx. Well produced, well written shows. That we can escape into.

tl;dr
    YouTube = for connection
    TV = to escape

6. katemacam23

katemacam23 Member

Youtube, because anything you need is right there not like on t.v you will wait for the learnings. But when you go to the youtube you will choose what to watch anytime. Youtube is very helpful to everyone. You don't need to wait for your t.v just go to the youtube and it will take you wherever you want to watch.

7. argelmaniacup

argelmaniacup New Member

The world is already change through technology, TV is one of the pioneer in the media platform which provide entertainment and information. when Youtube enters the scene, it makes entertainment and information portable and convenient. we can access it through many devices anytime and every where with less advertisements. that is the reason why I prefer Youtube over TV.

8. pdlocke

pdlocke New Member

Youtube is better than traditional Televisions as like many other users have pointed out you can choose the content you want to watch. You also can watch longer or shorter videos depending on the amount of time you have before bed or school for example. If we're talking about TV shows I find Netflix / Amazon Prime the perfect middle ground.

9. DannyCockburn

DannyCockburn New Member

the Television is like old way for entertainment, and got replaced by YouTube because it offers more channels and more content, plus it's free.

I rarely watch TVs these days, honestly.

10. njora

njora New Member

Youtube. Its already becoming the new tv.

11. Jaaypee

Jaaypee Member

If I am waiting for a certain TV program or show (especially if they are on live), I will not let the moment pass. I'll be on track and be watchful for their time to be on air. But if I'm looking for something, of course I'll be with YouTube. Sometimes, the programs we can watch on TV are not posted on YouTube. Though programs on television might be limited, but they both have their own use that we still need from time to time.

12. SkylexGG

SkylexGG New Member

Television is dying and that's a fact. In the modern age where you can go to Youtube/Netflix/Hulu and watch whatever you want whenever you want I don't see the point of TV. Sure there might be some advantages of TV like sports, news and other reality TV exclusive shows, but other than that Youtube>TV all day.

13. vebselpo

vebselpo Member

Youtube is more informative nowadays and more entertaining but when I really need to get up to date about news or current events I'll go for TV.

14. jvhlxi

jvhlxi Member

YouTube over tv. Tv is dead since Hannah Montana ended.

15. aditya8485

aditya8485 Member

Previously i used to watch a lot of TV but nowadays i prefer Youtube as its more comfortable and convenient. There are all kinds of programmes on youtube starting from basic education, computers, technical skills, movies, songs, etc.

16. Dietjay

Dietjay New Member

YouTube, because some that are aired on T.V is also accessible in YouTube. And i can watch a T.V. episode any time I want in YouTube. Also YouTube has a wider range of categories and topics to watch, you just need an internet connection.

17. rawrffy

rawrffy New Member

YouTube. You can almost search all TV shows in YouTube or in the internet. Some of the TV shows that I know is even live in YouTube, I can even watch NBA live on YouTube without a TV. Technology is evolving rapidly and sooner or later you can almost watch all of your favorite tv shows in the internet live online or even offline.

18. thusi123qw

thusi123qw Member

Well i personally prefer YouTube,instead of TV because you can learn a wast area of fields than just concentrating only on one drama or a TV series,even for day to day news,YouTube get updated regularly.So for me its better than watching TV, of course if you have a good internet that is.

19. kirbycorpin02

kirbycorpin02 Member

Before I am fond of watching on television but as times goes by, YouTube is my preferred medium of entertainment. Everywhere I go even at work or at a transportation, I can watch videos on YouTube with just my handy mobile phone. As long as you have an internet connection, you can watch it anywhere on your preferred time. With just a few clicks, you can search your mostly awaited video. You will have an access to the widest collection of current and classic videos of all time.

20. pApriljoy

pApriljoy New Member

Before when internet was not accessible in our place, I used to love watching TV. I always wait for the time when my favorite show would air. However, as I got older and I got access to internet, I turned more into youtube. Since, there are limited commercials or ads in youtube compared to watching TV. Also, you can rewatch your childhood favorite movie anytime and anywhere and there are also some other interesting videos you can watch in youtube. I love watching old cartoons and movies. With youtube, it can be just few clicks away and you can watch very informative videos and maybe some DIYs and instructional videos. From how to cook an egg to fixing automative problems, you can search them online.

21. ariieskid

ariieskid Member

Youtube and TV are good sources if you just want a passing time or you want to keep busy. I can't choose neither of them because the two can be split to categories. There are differences between the two. TV can be a good source of watching full episodes or Movies. Because Youtube has copyrights in uploading some episodes or movies. You can also watch full hour reality shows which you can't see most of the time in Youtube because of copyrights also. On the otherhand, Youtube can be a good source of watching Music Videos or music, which you can't see on TV most of the time. Also you can watch tutorials of somethings you can't see on tv.

22. ariieskid

ariieskid Member

Youtube and TV are good sources if you just want a passing time or you want to keep busy. I can't choose neither of them because the two can be split to categories. There are differences between the two. TV can be a good source of watching full episodes or Movies. Because Youtube has copyrights in uploading some episodes or movies. You can also watch full hour reality shows which you can't see most of the time in Youtube because of copyrights also. On the otherhand, Youtube can be a good source of watching Music Videos or music, which you can't see on TV most of the time. Also you can watch tutorials of somethings you can't see on tv.

23. Chaiya

Chaiya Member

I'll choose Youtube, the learning in Youtube is vast and you will have unlimited options. It's a win-win situation for both subscribers/watchers and the person who makes the videos/influencer. You don't have to be a director or producer to earn and you don't have to pay for enrollment for learn. I'm so glad in this day and age that we have internet where everyone can maximize their potential, talent and earn using their passion.

24. oramos

oramos New Member

YouTube all the way, I only watch the news on my TV other than that, I am on YouTube watching my favorite videos.

25. cozhart

cozhart New Member

I never watched Television as soon as Netflix came along. On the other hand, I use Youtube everyday to catch up to my different interest and sometimes I get new interest from the Youtube algorithm. I think I'd answer this question pretty quickly-of course it's Youtube. Nowadays, television doesn't really entertain me as much as the internet due to the fast growing creators out there. Although, I still watch tv when I had to watch the news.

26. emax2000

emax2000 Member

Youtube, because of the diverse amount of content available.

27. Fujiekun

Fujiekun New Member

Youtube is better because it has wat i want to watch. TV on the other hand is just boring, only live sports is worth watching on TV

28. Rinkukrksth

Rinkukrksth Member

I prefer Youtube because Youtube is better than TV. You can choose what you want to watch in YouTube and find different types of channels and watch. We can get information on any subject. I love YouTube because, I get knowledge on about any subjects. How to earn money on YouTube,I watch more videos also. Many people uploaded videos on YouTube and earn money online easily. YouTube is useful to everyone than TV.

29. GYap

GYap New Member

Youtube, cause nowadays you can also watch television in it. Specially the series in my country. And the best thing is it's free, no need to pay for cable. I'm really into learning new stuffs, right now I'm researching about drop-shipping, so what's the best thing to learn about it, of course Youtube.

30. shermarie

shermarie New Member

You Tube! I don't have cable or satellite because they charge ridiculous prices for the smallest package with hardly any channels. I'm on You Tube every day for various things and I'm perfectly happy and entertained for free.